The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where Do You Rank with Photography Snobs?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
"Today, many photographers prefer to categorize themselves in self-assigned niches. News photographers hardly talk to sports photographers anymore. Everybody has their group, association, blogs, and forums.
Photography has its social classes, almost like a feudal society. It has its kings and knights, its jesters and courtesans, and of course, the peasants.
So where do you rank on the totem pole of photo-snobbery? Here’s a quick take, starting with the photographers most respected (by snobs) –"

See where you rank....

V

Vivek

There isn't a brand name associated with any (Nikon photographer, Leica photographer, Lumix videographer..) ? :eek:

The list is full of hyphenated photography. :rolleyes:

M

meilicke

I am a 12. Happy to look at photos from other people, but I rarely post my own. :eek:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that camera-addicted experimenter ranks down somewhere around hedgehogs.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Too true, Bob. :D Also, that hand in your avatar, is that your wife trying to keep you away from the camera store? ;)
No, one of my models.
I have thought of asking Tiffany to take out a restraining order against my wife, but they would probably think it was just bad business.
-bob

Don Libby

:ROTFL: I personally know a couple people that fit that category/club I see one every time I look in a mirror..

fultonpics

News photographers hardly talk to sports photographers anymore.
that's not true--most sports photographers are also news photographers. sports is just another assignment...

anyway, to answer the question, I rank in "The Too Poor To Read The Leica Discussion Forum Club (I tried once, but immediately got a call from the bank canceling my credit card)" much less be able to afford going to a workshop (is there a club for that too?)

kevinparis

As a photographer I am bar room pianist.... I can knock out a vaguely recognisable tune but will never play Carnegie Hall.....

K