The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need merchant service account

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I had this before and cancelled it since no clients where using it. Well need to start this up again. I would rather pay a higher fee for one time use than a ongoing monthly fee. BTW they can't use Paypal so that is out and the sooner I get this up the faster i get paid. LOL

Any good service out there that does not cost a arm and a leg and is quick to set up and get set up with my Wells Fargo business account. I will be out of the office all day but tomorrow i want to get this started. Thanks in advance

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Problem is both these companies that want to use them are not allowed to use Paypal in any way. Corporate policy for some reason

Dale Allyn

Guy, as you probably know, there are number of services, some with transparent fee structures, others not so much. I've been looking at services as well, querying a friend has used a few, etc. Costco offers the service and in the past there was a hang-up that removed them from consideration. I think it was that they weren't well setup for low-volume or type-in charges vs. card swipe charges, I don't recall. But according to a recent conversation with a friend who just moved his accounts around, Costco is a good one to look at now. Costco as a company isn't prone to shenanigans.

No matter who you choose, watch for differing fees with regard to card-swipe transactions vs. type-in transactions. Expect a different fee, but don't let them ream you. Also some services offer equipment for mobile processing (or support for it), which is useful for certain event photogs, though of no interest to me.

Anyway, while I had intended to go with one of the companies used by a couple of friends, I'm now going to look closely (again) at the Costco offering.