Site Sponsors

Thread: Need merchant service account

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Need merchant service account

I had this before and cancelled it since no clients where using it. Well need to start this up again. I would rather pay a higher fee for one time use than a ongoing monthly fee. BTW they can't use Paypal so that is out and the sooner I get this up the faster i get paid. LOL

Any good service out there that does not cost a arm and a leg and is quick to set up and get set up with my Wells Fargo business account. I will be out of the office all day but tomorrow i want to get this started. Thanks in advance
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Need merchant service account

PayPal takes CC payments via web links... Only pay when it gets used. info
    α900+VG|F20|2xF58|16-35,24-70,135Z|STF|70-400G|50,85 1.4|16,20,28,100M,80-200APO f/2.8|28-135|500f/8|1x-3xMacro|2xMFC-1000|Tiltall+RRS, Bellows, etc.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Problem is both these companies that want to use them are not allowed to use Paypal in any way. Corporate policy for some reason
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guy, as you probably know, there are number of services, some with transparent fee structures, others not so much. I've been looking at services as well, querying a friend has used a few, etc. Costco offers the service and in the past there was a hang-up that removed them from consideration. I think it was that they weren't well setup for low-volume or type-in charges vs. card swipe charges, I don't recall. But according to a recent conversation with a friend who just moved his accounts around, Costco is a good one to look at now. Costco as a company isn't prone to shenanigans.

No matter who you choose, watch for differing fees with regard to card-swipe transactions vs. type-in transactions. Expect a different fee, but don't let them ream you. Also some services offer equipment for mobile processing (or support for it), which is useful for certain event photogs, though of no interest to me.

Anyway, while I had intended to go with one of the companies used by a couple of friends, I'm now going to look closely (again) at the Costco offering.