The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just for Maggie O

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
So you won't feel guilt and angst over posting a cat picture. Here is the first ever live cat picture, I've ever posted to the web.

Maggie O, meet Leon one half of the Orange Boys. Leon meet Maggie O.

Robert Campbell

Topsy

Topsy's brother - Moses - really, pace James Heriot

Pitschi, a foundling - it found us

and to go with these - if you can bear it - Barry

and Twiglet [the smaller one] and Pico [the very very small one!]

Last edited:

Robert Campbell

Is that a Wolfhound, Bertie? Gorgeous beastie!
Barry is/was a Bernese Mountain Dog/Berner Sennenhund
Pico [who was larger that his predecessor Tiny] is/was an Irish Wolfhound.
Twiglet who followed Flurina a black labrador is a boxador.

Pico obeyed Bertie's first law of dogs: brain power is inversely proportional to size :)

[I don't have any pix of the rest of the menagerie - the flop eared rabbits, the white rat [really - 'Popeye'] or the hampster. Nor do I have any pix of the only 'pet' - Jerry, the untrappable house mouse.

Maggie O

Speaking of large, here's my niece Mollie, holding Bob, my other grey cat:

Pico obeyed Bertie's first law of dogs: brain power is inversely proportional to size
Domino, the dog of the house, would probably agree.

Lisa

OK, I'll join in...

My favorite photo of my 19-pound girl Kali, one of the first practice photos I took with my D200 back when I first got it:

Lisa

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Currently, no pets in the household but I saw these "chicks" singing and chirping in Teuscher's shop window on my recent trip to Zurich and in the spirit of this thread I think they belong here.

To carry over an idea from another thread, is this just more crap - another crappy snap to post? - Perhaps so, but more importantly I ask is there any merit to be found in my photos worth pursuing for future projects - is there any potential that isn't fully realized in the quick snap that could be developed. One thing is sure in the above image, they certainly make me smile.

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Domino, the dog of the house, would probably agree.

HAHAHAHA I had a friend in High School who had this type of dog, also named Domino. Until about our Junior year of HS, in which a 3rd friend started calling his dog 'Bob' (What about Bob commercials were popular at the time), so much so that the dog stopped answering to the name Domino and only answered to the name 'Bob'. It took another 6 months to get him back to answering to Domino. Ahhh... nice trip down memory lane.

Great pics!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
CMB-those chicks are very nice. The shot feels, well, feathery. Pretty incisive commentary eh? I like the shot though.

And here's a new acquaintance I met at our host's home in Oakland last week. Stella. I'm usually not a big fan of small and short haired, but Stella was fun.