Site Sponsors

Thread: Another note in a bottle...

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another note in a bottle...

Awhile back, I told you all my wifes cancer had returned. This past week the oncologist has taken her off Chemo. The tumor was not shrinking and the chemo was starting to cause more bad than good. She is developed neuropathy in the hands and feet and her red counts have crashed to the point she had to be transfused with two units of blood on Thursday.

We will be doing radiation daily for six weeks. She will be staying at an outpatient house in Abilene next to hospital. I'll be staying with her. When I have the Powerbook, I can do images and the net from there.

We are now, you could say a maintenance mode. We leave tomorrow for a CT scan and the radiation simulation and tattooing of the laser targets. Once the blocks for the treatment are cast it'll start. That could be as soon as next Thursday.

I've never directly met any of you but we have shared such beauty here, thanks.
    Last edited by johnastovall; 16th March 2008 at 15:22.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another note in a bottle...

Good vibes and best wishes, to you and your wife, John.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've never met you either, but I feel I know you as an old friend. My best to you and your wife John, thoughts and prayers for you both...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

John so sorry to hear this news. We are here for you my friend and best wishes to you and your wife. You need anything from this forum , you just say the word. BTW the beauty here is from folks like you, we want to thank you for being here. God Bless, Guy
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

john,

my thoughts and prayers are with your wife and yourself. i've never been a particularly religious person, but i almost died five and a half years ago and i have to believe all the people that were praying for me made a difference, even though many were strangers. i am wishing your wife the best....

the first post i read when i got out of my surgery was about your roadkills. as someone who has driven across that neck of the woods, i understand. my brother and i, driving the long way from l.a. to atlanta, had a rule that you were only allowed to count roadkill if more than half a body was visible -- otherwise you might count the same one twice. so even though your pictures were great, the memory made me laugh despite all my pain... i only wish i could return the favour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Your world sounds like a difficult and uncomfortable place. Peace and strength to you both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Your world sounds like a difficult and uncomfortable place. Peace and strength to you both.
    It may sound like the narrow passage with no brother and no friend but many friends have widened it up.
    Last edited by johnastovall; 16th March 2008 at 17:28.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

John,
    I will keep your wife in my prayers.
    Peace.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

John,
    Best wishes to you and your wife during a very difficult time.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I wish you and your wife all the best.
    Mike

website under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    john,

my thoughts and prayers are with your wife and yourself. i've never been a particularly religious person, but i almost died five and a half years ago and i have to believe all the people that were praying for me made a difference, even though many were strangers. i am wishing your wife the best....

the first post i read when i got out of my surgery was about your roadkills. as someone who has driven across that neck of the woods, i understand. my brother and i, driving the long way from l.a. to atlanta, had a rule that you were only allowed to count roadkill if more than half a body was visible -- otherwise you might count the same one twice. so even though your pictures were great, the memory made me laugh despite all my pain... i only wish i could return the favour.
    Cam,

You just returned that favor and I'm laughing with you.

Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    Even though we have never met, your warmth, sincerity and friendship exude from your comments and thoughts. You and especially your wife are in the thoughts and prayers of many folks, even those reading these threads, but not posting sentiments. Know that your universe of support is large and there to help.

LJ

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    Our family is praying for you and your wife.
    Love and good thoughts coming your way.
    Heidi