The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GetDPI

Ben Rubinstein

Having a stiff Bowmore to celebrate your success into making this the friendliest and nicest photography forum on the net, Cheers and Lechaim!

PeterA

It is a great tribute to Jack and Guy as well as all the other people who keep the machinery working. Also a great bunch of people in the various forums - a great pleasure to be here!

jonoslack

Ouch . . can't I have the silver one (even a grey goose would be preferable to that).

Speaking of Grey Goose, does the Big Yellow Bird drink it before picking me up or afterwards? Or is it for me as a stress reliever on the trip?

Does it have business class?

Maybe we could have some of Jorgen's wondeful cake for the trip (actually, Bird looks like it's already eaten Jorgen's wonderful cake!)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You get first class right behind the navigation head with feather pillows and blankets. Cake upon arrival and only drinking allowed on flight. LOL

Oh and a free pair of goggles for the head winds

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
To Guy, Jack, Andy & the Mods and especially all the members:

Thank you

you are the best

:thumbs:

jonoslack

You get first class right behind the navigation head with feather pillows and blankets. Cake upon arrival and only drinking allowed on flight. LOL

Oh and a free pair of goggles for the head winds
That sounds Great - Send her over . . . I've got my feather coat on and I'm waiting in the garden.

Guy Mancuso

The very quiet guy in the corner who has his finger on the HUGE servers to run this place. We try to be nice to him and send him out for a steak dinner once in awhile. LOL

Actually Andy is a very good friend of Jack's and mine and runs huge web sites for big corporate clients. I think GetDPI has 10 terabytes of space so load up those images folks. LOL

V

Vivek

Thanks, Guy. :)

Sounds like a good team! The core ought to be the thickest of the friends to anchor it.

Guy Mancuso

I agree and the nice part with all the mods and such we are good friends to begin with. I think that makes a difference and certainly can talk frankly to each other as well.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Gracious hosts, knowledgeable and kind company make getdpi an incomparable place to share.

Kudos to all! :thumbs:

btw, what's with the wire trailing the cake? :wtf:
some alien spaceship abducting the pastry? :confused:
:D

Last edited:

kweide

Thanx for this great place.

And, next week in Florence, i will miss this forum, will be offline. But it is only one week off. I think i can stand that.

Klaus

ecsh

This has been the best forum to share ideas and see others views. Keep up the good work.
Joe

fultonpics

happy b-day website!

i met mike first, bought a 400 DO from him, then some other piece of gear I can't remember, then met Jack--again bought a tele from him then a 1Ds MK2 and sold him an M8 I think, i always liked Guy's site and studied his lighting. when they got together and created this site, i figured i better follow it--worst case i might score some more gear--even though the thought of giving up a Giants game to go to Alviso and shoot pealing paint hasn't crossed my mind.

anyway, this is a great site with so many talented shooters to learn from.

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Hi Jack and Guy,

I need to thank everyone on the site for all that you have given me. It is not an exaggeration to say that my life was changed by this forum. I recall the original Yosemite thread, where the M8 was being tested, and thinking for the first time that photography was something wonderful I needed to learn about. I had no experience with Leica and essentially none with anything digital. Since the first workshop, I've met new friends and found new reasons to be outside. I look into the forum daily and it gives me a positive jump on the day.

I look forward to seeing everyone once more in Oregon next week,

Thanks, steve