The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GetDPI

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well last night I was thinking which we all know is a really dangerous thing. But the thought of Halloween came up and I remembered 2 years ago Andy, Jack and I started planning and creating this forum. If I look at the days we actually signed on it was October 28 2007. But we worked on it for 3 weeks or so pretty much night and day before that so really the actually birth is today and the Grand opening was October 28 2007. So I am calling this day our actually Birth Day. As some of you know Andy is our real backbone to the site and is our IT professional and hosts this site and without his generous contribution this all may not be possible. Obviously we all know who Jack is to this site part owner, workshop instructor and MY best friend. Also we want to recognize our hard working moderators who not only help run the place but are friends, workshop attendees and some are instructors as well. Terry Banet, Jim Collum, Bob Freund and Mike Hatam.

Most of all we want to thank YOU our members for two years of being our friends in the industry we all love so much and today we celebrate over 3500 members but not by shear numbers but by the quality of our members. FYI you all rank as high to comparable forums in posts made, threads started and viewing stats in the industry and we only have been here for 2 years . Bottom line you are knocking them out folks with all your participation and living up to the GetDPI Mantra

"A place to exchange ideas, techniques, experiences AND images,
where the discussions are fun, respectful and geared toward the goal of
helping each other improve all aspects of our photography."

Also some GetDPI members have also participated in our highly successful workshops and this Oregon workshop coming up in 2 weeks marks our 8th workshop. Jack and I just absolutely love putting this on and for me personally one of my biggest joys in life is being part of it. Also want to thank our commercial venders that are here to not only present there products but also to help our members. Also a special thanks to Capture Integration and Leica for always supplying demo's and personal to workshops to help support our efforts.

So a BIG " Thank You" to all of that support GetDPI

Clawery

Congratulations GetDPI! Glad that you are here and for all the forum members that participate!

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

RSS Feed: Subscribe[/font]

RonSmith

Happy Birthday GetDPI!

I'm just a newby around here, but I really like this place and I'm glad to be here.

Diane B

I love it here. I haven't been here since the beginning but have known Jack and Guy by reputation :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: for a good while from other places. This is by far the best forum around--and the best group of people.

Happy Birthday GetDPI!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Diane

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the place to hang out! Great people, great photos, I've learned a lot. Cheers!
:D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Was at the gym then ran some errands and came back to this! Wow! So here are a few words from me...

First off, I cannot thank you enough for your support over the past two years. Granted I am biased, but I think this forum has the best membership of any photography site out there. Discussions are polite, encouraging and informative, which is what it should be all about and exactly what Guy and I wanted to create when we started GetDPI!

Next, I too want to add special thanks to our moderators, Jim Collum, Mike Hatam, Bob Freund and Terry Banet. They put a lot of effort into keeping the site organized as well as ridding the site of the occasional spammer that sneaks through our fences. Oh, and some of you may not be aware of a certain tiny coincidence, that today is Terry's birthday too! Happy birthday Terry!

Special thanks to Andy Drexler for being the tech brains behind this site. His work is mainly transparent to users, but you may have noticed that our pages, even ones chocked full of images, load pretty fast -- dare I say blazingly fast -- when compared against other sites not so willing to expend the effort keeping their site servers at peak performance. Thanks Andy for all the maintenance, hosting and service you provide!

And of course I want to acknowledge my business partner Guy Mancuso. Guy and I met online via a photo forum about 7 years ago. (We had an uncanny agreement in what gear we liked to use and why.) We had never met in person and decided on a whim to meet up and shoot. Having never met before this we were both a bit unsure how it would work out, but honestly, after the first meal together it seemed like old home week! I knew it was going to be one of those friendships that lasted a lifetime. Seriously, I think of Guy more like my brother than just a best friend. (Fortunately for him we don't look anything alike :ROTFL:) So a huge thank you to you Guy for all you do for us!

Finally, back to the members -- this site would be nothing without you, so thank you again for your outstanding post quality and participation! Heres to all of us enjoying many more years of the same :clap::clap::clap:

Cheers,

jonoslack

Happy Birthday Guys . . . and Happy Birthday Terry into the bargain.

what better place is there to :deadhorse:, have a bit of a :lecture:, and even occasionally :banghead:. Most of the time however, if it isn't :ROTFL: then it's simply a :D

Terry

Well done Jono ..... you deserve this one :clap:

I met Guy and jack on the web as a newbie with my M8 and if you go way back in time in one of the very first forum threads, I remember asking "what does RRS stand for". By this point I've gone through so many different plates it is pretty hysterical.

A few months later I attended my first workshop. I had never met anybody in person but everyone was already like an old friend from the banter on the forum. What a great mix to have friends on line but be able to meet up with them and go out shooting.

The people I've met on this forum will be lifelong friends.

Thank you Guy, Jack and everyone else who makes this place so special.

terry

jonoslack

Thank you Terry
A few months later I attended my first workshop. I had never met anybody in person but everyone was already like an old friend from the banter on the forum. What a great mix to have friends on line but be able to meet up with them and go out shooting.
Not so easy to meet people if you're a cyber person living in a field in darkest Suffolk . . . . One Day Maybe :salute:

helenhill

WELL CONGRATS to a FAB Site
it was here
I made Friends
became a Gear Whore
went from digilux 2. dlux 3,GrD1.GRD2,sigmaDP1,M8
and finally settled down
into the World of ANALOG....:eek::cool::thumbup::thumbs::clap:

and I have YOU GETDPI to THANK !!!

Joan

Congrats and Happy Birthday GetDPI!! And a big Happy B-day to Terry, too.
Wow, two years already?!! Hard to believe. I mostly just lurk and read the threads here, being way behind the rest of you folks in photographic experience and ability, but I have to say it truly IS the best forum around.

Thank you for providing such a great place to learn and be inspired!
:clap::clap::clap:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Happy birthday very big and so on to the greatest virtual space on earth, and endless thanks to Guy and Jack who started this.

Here's a cake if you don't have one already:

V

Vivek

Congrats! :)

Honestly, I think I was directed here by someone out of spite. :eek:

I do appreciate the "forumship" and the many kind gestures that I have received from the folks here.:clap:

Keep up the good work!:thumbs:

kevinparis

Bonne anniversaire as they say around these parts - I hadn't realised how young you were....

Big thanks to everyone for making this the best photo forum out there

cheers

Kevin

cam

cake? cake? we don't need no stinking cake!

with all the lushes around here, i think we need a well-stocked bar: Hendricks, Patron, Laphroaig, Zyr, Perrier-Jouet... Guy?

(we did, after all, donate all of our money to you in another thread)

happy birthday!