Site Sponsors

Thread: Stovall Link: "Nuts"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Stovall Link: "Nuts"

This is a test of your cynicism or naivete: http://pictureyear.blogspot.com/2009/10/nuts.html

It is claimed that the photo is real, not altered or Photoshopped, that the squirrel heard the camera and popped up to look. The test part is what you think. I like the story and choose to believe it. How many won't or can't believe such things anymore?

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Stovall Link: "Nuts"

I'm all in .Looks real to me be tough to drop in with the whiskers. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't disbelieve it. I was testing a lens this Spring from my porch--rainy day and I was shooting an iris. JUST as I clicked the shutter button, a hummer (ruby throated male) flew into the pic. Astounded me.

http://www.pbase.com/picnic/image/112180644

I did crop to make a bit better compostion.

Oxide Blu

No buying it -- reason is the point of focus, the squirrel is in focus. If the squirrel just popped up before the shutter fired I would think the people would be in focus, or the lake behind them, but not the squirrel. I don't think the image is necessarily photoshop'd, but whoever took it took the time to focus on the squirrel.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Read the article it was focusing which made the squirrel look up. They where using a remote control to fire the camera
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Had read somewhere that this picture and story ranks #2 or #3 on the top internet buzz list for 2009, just behind MJ's death... Not sure it's true, but any basic search a lot of links http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=squirrel+photo (it works for many languages and keywords)

Well, who needs video over photography?

Oxide Blu

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post

Read the article it was focusing which made the squirrel look up. They where using a remote control to fire the camera

Read!?!?! This is a photography forum -- I want it in pictures I can look at!