The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

East Coast Photographers Meet May 4

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I will sign up to help organize this event.
Specifics will be published once they are known :D
A local volunteer would be welcome, since I will be mostly traveling between April 4 and then.
Meanwhile please PM me with suggestions.
Date is May 4.
Let's get a list of those interested going on this thread.
Bring cameras prints SOs and an appetite.
thanks
-bob

helenhill

YEEHAW !!!
or
Should I be a cool New Yawker and say
"If Time Permits and I'm not too busy":ROTFL:
Will be there....... Cheers! helen

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I will be in NY in July starting the 17th . If someone wants to organize a meet on Friday late day on the 18th. I will be more than happy to attend and spill my guts out on Photography.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Guy's offer is too good to pass up. Maybe if we don't all end up hating each other in May, we can do a GetDPI E.C. meeting redux.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ideas for a shoot on May 4 (weather permitting)
1. Chinatown and the Brooklyn Bridge
2. Brooklyn Heights and the Promenade (can include the Brooklyn Bridge)
3. Wall Street on its day off and ground zero
others...
Preferences anyone?
thanks
-bob

helenhill

I would have recommended CONEY ISLAND
for the 2008 MERMAID PARADE
but it falls on Saturday the 21 of June
so....... am thinking

cam

damn! couldn't you make it a few days later??? i'm flying in to NYC on may 6th and staying for 4 days before heading to the other coast. would *love* to meet you all...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
After a discussion with Jack last night . GetDPI forums would like to sponsor these and Jack and i would love to participate when we can . We would like to call them something like GetDPI Day Meets and they would be free ( unless we have to travel). This would be a nice chance to meet and spend some time with us and for us a great opportunity to help you with your photography and just get to know folks that love this place. We will think about it more and stuff but thought this maybe of interest to forum members. That is if you want us involved also. Still casual and nothing formal but a lot of fun. Our big issue is organization which we do not have time for since the workshops require a lot of time to setup .

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
We are coming up on May 4 real soon now, so I thought I would move a step toward finalizing things.
Suggested itinerary:
10:00 (optional) All those interested may visit BH at 33rd and Ninth Ave http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/jsp/area_map.jsp
Make sure that if you go there, you leave in ample time to get to lunch in Brooklyn. Allow 30-40 minutes for the trip by subway or by car. This limits your exposure to temptation :angel:
12:00 Meet at the Heights Cafe in Brooklyn Heights for lunch at noon http://www.heightscafeny.com/home.html
~14:00 Brooklyn Heights, Promenade, and Brooklyn Bridge shoot
when we are done, possibly a drink at a convenient watering hole

Currently the weather forecast is for Sun and some clouds with a high of 60, but you know how reliable these forecasts are this far out.:lecture:

How does that sound?
Any changes?
How many reservations shall I make?
thanks
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I am planning to be there. Your itinerary is fine with me. I 'll volunteer to be the designated wallet holder while everyone is in B&H if you like. ;)

Terry

I will be there.
Pretty sure Joan a fellow forum member will be with me.

Sorry Bob my bad for not being creative on coming up with places.

jlm

Workshop Member
Dumbo (Down Under the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridge Overpasses) and the Fulton Landing is a great area for bridge shots, a short walk from the heights promenade and a hip new hood, lots of cafes.

sorry for the twerpy acronym, but it is NY

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I will be there.
Pretty sure Joan a fellow forum member will be with me.

Sorry Bob my bad for not being creative on coming up with places.
No worries, I almost went for Peter Luger's, but thought that was not a real good shooting location compared to the Heights (recently named DUMBO by the acronym fashion police)
-bob

jlm

Workshop Member
i'll bet those living in the heights prefer to be distinguished from those in dumbo and visa versa