The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Digital Camera Reviews by GetDPI.com

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We have added a new forum section for Camera and lens reviews that are done by GetDPI staff and Workshop members. What we have noticed is these reviews get buried so deep in the forum sections that they are not readily available to find. This new forum will be the home for all our reviews for easy access to our old reviews which we are slowly moving over. Plus all future reviews by us will reside in this section as well. Hopefully this will provide all members easy access to find reviews on camera's, lenses and accessories a valuable resource for them. Thanks for your patience as we move threads over and as always Jack and I plus our staff are always looking at new ways to improve our community efforts to help our members. Thanks Jack and Guy

Go out and have a Great Day.:)

D

ddk

Why only for workshop members, there are valid reviews from others too?

Guy Mancuso

Several reasons: 1 it is not a place to link to other reviews outside of this forum, you can link those reviews as you would today in other forums that pertain to those forums. 2 it is a home for our reviews and a permanent residence to what we do, it's also a added bonus to our workshop attendees. They financially support us and this forum, they get this as a bonus for attending our workshops. But we are open to members reviews to place there if it fits in, just ask us or if one looks good we will redirect it to the permanent home in that forum. You can certainly still post in any thread that is started.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Why only for workshop members, there are valid reviews from others too?
Good question David, so let me clarify a few points:

* First off, any member can respond normally to posts made in this new section.

* The difference is that regular members cannot initiate new threads in this section. We feel this is necessary so we can more easily control who and what gets placed here as our site's permanent information section.

* We offer our workshop members the freedom to initiate posts here since first we already know them, and second many of them arrive on the workshops specifically to demo new and and/or higher end gear, and we want them to have a proper place to share those equipment experiences; a small perk for their support.

* Finally, for ANY member who writes a detailed review, we can easily move that review into this new section for posterity. As such, any member is free to simply request any review they post in one of the regular forums be moved here, and we as admins will of course will review the post and move it or not as we deem appropriate.

EDIT: I see Guy beat me to it again ;)

Hope that clarifies it for you,

Guy Mancuso

I should mention we already started moving members reviews there as well. Just a lot to get through but I know Don did a nice one on the Cambo which we should move in there as well. Jono's M9 review was already moved in so if you already have a nice review posted let us know. What we are really after is a secure place that does not lose these reviews stuck in threads on the forum that get buried as new threads are added. Seems like such a waste that all the time spent on these and they get lost after a month. This idea is to eliminate that situation and keep them alive and well as a resource to everyone.

I hope Jacks comments as well as mine explain that a little better.

Guy Mancuso

You just earn the GetDPI award of the week. Thanks that really does mean a lot to us. It's the only way that makes sense to us is the way we do them. It's intention is to help the reader make real world decisions without marketing clutter. Next up is the S2 and at least a mini review of the X1 . Depends if I can hold onto it for a couple days more after the S2 goes back on the road.