The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Holiday wish list!!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What do YOU want for the Holidays. I know the question always gets asked by every family member in your household and your always polite and pick out something nice but not expensive but this begs the question what do you REALLY want. At least you can write it down here even though your not going to get it or worst case you buy it yourself to guarantee it. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Easy!

I want my preordered M9 DELIVERED!!!!!
:thumbs:

(But, of course, a complete set of Summiluxes would be a nice icing of the cake, if someone wants to step in....:rolleyes:)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I'm such a modest person, so I could do with just one 35mm system that combines stunning mojo autofocus glass (even if it's expensive) to keep and take good care of for decades - with affordable (preferably "low-filter" concept) cameras to upgrade every 4-5 years because of the fast development of this still very immature digital technology. The cameras don't need to have all kinds of fancy features like video capability etc.

(1) I would prefer the system to be an R DSLR system (think R10).
I am aware it's unlikely to happen since apparently Leica doesn't want to or maybe is not able to compete with affordable 35mm cameras. They have given up this competition which to me looks like a serious mistake, because I believe they in reality have the necessary optical advantage to win a substantial market share. If they haven't got the necessary electronic know-how or the modern production facilities themselves, they should partner with someone who has. I think.

(2) Anyway, as I probably cannot have that, I want the next best thing, which is a full range of Sony ZA primes to combine with the competitive low-filtered Sony Alpha cameras. But again not very likely to happen, since obviously Sony is in charge in this 'cooperation' and Sony seems to prefer to offer their own optical formulas. The few Zeiss formula lenses seem to be just at bit of spice to the Alpha system. No lens road map so far.

(3) So, if I also cannot have the next best thing, I'll have to do with some new Nikon AF-S primes, especially a 4/400 VR or 4/300 VR, plus some fast wide angle primes, plus a fast 85 VR or 135 VR. The missing AF-S primes we have awaited for ... how many years ? :sleep006:

As I said, I'm a modest person, so all I ask for is a system that combines high-end mojo glass with affordable (preferable low-filtered) cameras.
Not too much I should think :angel:

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Just keep coming to the workshops Bob. LOL
Although energy is something we both need to work on.

Amin

I would love an M9, but that is not going to happen until used M9 prices come down to where used M8 (classic) prices are currently.

Otherwise, from a photography standpoint, I wish only for more time for photography.

Don Libby

Okay Guy you got me thinking this morning so here goes and you must visualize me sitting on Santa’s lap…

I want a Schneider 47mm T/S lens along with a center filter and

I want a P65+ and

I want to convert my P45+ to IR and

I want a free GetDpi workshop and

I want a pony

Don

Guy Mancuso

I know what I want and if I say it NEVER is going to happen, I may just get it. Jack taught me never to say never ever. LOL

But I want my DF body NOW

and Don I want a pony too.

Irenaeus

Vision, creativity, energy, skill
-bob
I'm with Bob.

Plus wisdom regarding my real life camera options.

But when I dream about equipment, it'd be to trade in all my accumulated equipment for two superalative outfits: something big for landscapes and something small for constant carry. At the moment that'd be a Sony a900+Zeiss & the GXR/50.

Irenaeus

Last edited:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
My killer Mac Pro system
Item
Quanity

Mac Pro 1 (shipped)

16Gig memory 1
2.0TB Hitachi 7K2000 7200RP 4
SATA I/II HD with 32MB Cache
ColorEdge CG243W 24.1 1

Epson 4880 1
Epson Perfection V750-M Pro Scanner 1 (shipped)

And a new Smart Red Econo Box

kevinparis

A small printer that does just A4 black and white well... dont acutally need it myself... but it would make my life easier

for me... just a full small dslr that takes all legacy lenses and focuses off the sensor

K

jonoslack

I want a pony
I know what I want and if I say it NEVER is going to happen, I may just get it. Jack taught me never to say never ever. LOL

But I want my DF body NOW

and Don I want a pony too.
Hi Guys
My wife bought me a pony this spring . . . never ridden one before. Never fallen off one before either . .. and it's hell putting up a tripod.

But he's more fun than a Hasselblad (or an S2).

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
You were also the first to purchase a Sony.
And a few months later we got a separate Sony board ... :)