The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shipping to the World

V

Vivek

Without realizing that everyone buys almost everything from China and it would get worse during the year end, I bought a few adapters from there.

While the ones that get shipped from mainland China got delivered quicker than ever, stuff from Hong Kong got delayed a bit (only a bit).

It turns out the HK mail system crashed due to the sheer volume.

Would it stop them from shutting down? No.

A lot get shipped to Singapore from HK and then get mailed from there!

Really astonishing when I was already wondering how China manages to produce and sell so many things cheaply while importing every RAW material they need from abroad (doesn't oil/shipping cost money?).

Anyone shipping from Singapore using their post would know how much it costs.

I am not bright when it comes to economics but something appear not to add up correctly. :confused:

O

Oxide Blu

Somewhere, somehow, shipping costs will be part of the overall purchase price of almost anything. While reading about the Baltic Dry Index I came across something that mentioned an estimated 90% of all consumed goods have crossed the ocean on a boat at least once either as raw materials, components, or finished product.

Fwiw, if you really want to how well the global economy is doing, or not doing, look a the the BDI.