The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thom Hogan's 2010 Predictions on camera lines

beamon

Interesting that he could not or chose not to list Nikon in any of the three categories. The category labels are such that every marque can be assigned to one of them. An oversight, perhaps?

And yes, his rising list choices are most interesting.

I guess my question is, of what value? Kinda like the advice given by investment brokers. (Oh geez, now I've insulted investment brokers. :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

LJL

If one were to read the article, they would see his lack of placement for Nikon:

"You'll note that I didn't put Nikon in that chart. Technically, they are in a middle ground between rising and falling (compacts rising, DSLRs falling very slightly). If I had to put them into a category I'd put them into the falling category, though. Why? Because this is about momentum. Nikon basically hit a low-momentum point with the intros of the D3000/D300s/D3s. By the end of the year, prices will be under strong pressure, so I'd tend to put them in the falling momentum category."

LJ

O

Oxide Blu

Camera phones are already a market two orders of magnitude larger than the compact camera business. Most of the sensor orders for upcoming camera phones are in the 3 and 5mp range, with 8mp right behind that (a 14mp sensor was just announced). Within two years, 5mp camera phones will be ubiquitous and 8mp will be readily available. This puts the low end compact camera market at jeopardy.

NEC model N-02B available through DoCoMo -- 12.2mp sensor, with flash.

The phone is thin, light, downloads at 7.2Mbps, uploads at 5.7Mbps.

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/foma/prime/n02b/gallery.html