The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best of Artists & Artisans/Kennedy Publishing

Don Libby

I got a rather interesting e-mail the other day saying I had been juried into the “Best of America Photography Artists Vol II” book. Seem they visited my web gallery and liked what they saw under the Antiquities Gallery.

I’ve looked this group up as best as I could and couldn’t find anything glaringly wrong and it appears they have good sponsors. My question to anyone is have you heard of this group before?

Don

Don Libby

I'm always leery of unsolicited emails where the news sounds too good to be true. I got this while working at the So Rim last week and decided to sit on it till I had a chance to check them out a little more.

The original message states that they visited our website and "were especially taken with Antiquities Gallery...". It appears I've been "juried into the book" and if I decide to enter are guaranteed a two page full color layout. So it appears I've won a competition by never entering or knowing about it in the first place.

I've had a chance to check this out a little further and see one of the sponsors is a company that I've done business with and is my major supplier of canvas stretcher bars.

I've decided to submit a couple images along with the one that has already been juried.

So I guess this turns into good news! I'll keep everyone informed as the process goes on.

Don

J

JBerry

Yeah - I was "juried in" as well. Not sure if its anything more than a vanity license plate... but i have one of those too - so why not?

Don Libby

I’m putting a disk together to send them right after I register all of them with the copyright office.

Still all in all why not? :D

Don

J

johnvarenda

Can you explain about e-publishing?
Thanks.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Libby

Can you explain about e-publishing?
Thanks.....
John - I really can't explain as I don't know and have never done this before. Kennedy Publishing contacted me not the other way around.

I can tell you what I've done so far. I researched Kennedy Publishing and contacted one of their sponsors which is my main supplier for canvas stretching wood and after feeling them out I decided the $45.00 was cheap enough to go for it. After all it was a contest I had no idea about and they visited my website, juried an image and offered me 2-pages which would have been the same as if I had entered and submitted. I had the chance to give them 10 images for them to pick from (including the juried image) for the fee of $45. I made certain I copyrighted all the images with the Copyright Office (I have the certificates now) then burned a DVD and sent the images to them.

The book should come out sometime in the Spring. That's my full extent of experience in e-publishing.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Don