The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What gear did Santa bring for you?

bradhusick

Do share!

I got a nifty Director's Viewfinder that makes it easy to choose a focal length I want on my Leica. Just look through and push-pull, then read the focal length.

(not my hands LOL)

Last edited:

ftbt

I can't complain. Santa brought me a C/Y 21/2.8 Zeiss Distagon. (Big sucker ... barely fit in my stocking!)

bensonga

Sweaters. Yup, sweaters....nice ones, but even so.

Decided I'll have to treat myself to the Epson 3880 or 4880 I had asked Santa for this year.

Gary

iiiNelson

I treated myself to a GF1/ 20mm kit, a 45mm Macro-Elmarit, a Blu-Ray player, Surround sound, and a 40" LCD HDTV for the bedroom... Santa will be coming a little later though.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
"The Tibetan Book of Living & Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche. I guess it will do more for my photography than any new piece of gear would do :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Mint copy of Eliot Porter's "The Place That No One Knew: Glen Canyon on the Colorado"

I'm a sucker for great photography & photographers but sometimes the subjects make me sad & mad ...

D

Devon Shaw

I got given a backdrop for my portrait work.

And bought myself a Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 lens.

So excited!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well a little early but a Phase One DF body and P40+ back. Way too much:D

Sweater, Pajama's ,Scarf, Leather Sport Jacket but returning it. I think

V

Vivek

I realized that I can not buy any of the lighting related stuff I need unless I custom order, pay a lot of cash and wait forever.

I built a couple of powerful UV flashlights. They can not get any smaller.:thumbs:

I am almost done with one of my fiber optic flash projects. Just needs cosmetic covering.:thumbup:

So, a lot of work was brought and being endured.:angel:

Don Libby

I’ll let the cat out of the bag. I decided on getting a M9 along with a 50 and 75mm.; should be here by summer. Sandy got a new 24-70 to replace the one that was dropped at the Grand Cannon (please don’t ask :bugeyes::cry:).

Lumipro 5-section lightstand and a Westcott 43" shoot-through umbrella, both very compact. We were trying to keep our gifts to each other under $100 this year. I have been eyeballing those nifty director's viewfinders, but I've made it this far without one...

kevinparis

not a christmas per se ... but happened to be in new york and a refurb 5d mkll plus 35/2 and 85/1.8 happened to fall out of my credit card... thank god for the strong euro :)

K

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Do share!

I got a nifty Director's Viewfinder that makes it easy to choose a focal length I want on my Leica. Just look through and push-pull, then read the focal length.

(not my hands LOL)
Where can one get that Director's Viewfinder?

:bugeyes:

redrockcoulee

I got nothing

But I bought my wife a Holga panoramic pinhole 120 camera and she bought herself an Epson 4880 printer and told me I might be able to use either of them.