The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What gear did Santa bring for you?

Terry

Well,
A gift certificate for Apple which will either go towards a new tablet or a MacPro. I guess we will know more at the end of January.....

.....photo gear? Well I wasn't exactly shy about buying what I wanted this year. On a whim I decided to try out the new Arca Swiss P0 ball head...

Godfrey

I don't normally expect the Old Elf to haul camera gear around for me, but if he wants to loan me a reindeer or two I'd be much obliged. That Rudolph could be a good fill light, if I get the white balance correct.

I picked up the 20mm lens. And a few bits of other stuff I've needed. It's a good lens, I like it.

Three cheers for the year to come! Enjoy your equipment however it came to you, make great photographs with it!

Happy New Year!

Don Libby

indeed. i bought the alan gordon version.
I’ve got a Cavision VDL-11X Large Rotating Director’s Viewfinder from B&H. I use this with my Cambo WRS and 24,35,72,120 lenses and found it’s a neat little tool. I had been using the mini but found it too small for my taste.

Don

Godfrey

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvr9c597Wp1qadne1o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1262995347&Signature=RVqrXZdmjL%2BNjpNhpvQpfDql1HE%3D
I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Magic Ball in use. I've always thought the design intriguing with a great deal of positioning flexibility, but it seemed a bit awkward when I tried using one.

kdphotography

There really is nothing quite like the Novoflex Magic Ball---really love mine and it's ability to get into just about any position quickly. Don't use it much since I have the Cube, and should try harder to sell it, but I still get twinges of regret....