The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

2010 Picture a Day

Terry

I've decided to embark on a Picture a Day project for 2010. I know there are others on the forum already doing this....

My first for 2010....as the new day/year/decade is dawning from my bedroom window. Abstract of the Bay Bridge.....

Terry

Hey Jim - I was working on my methodology for how I was going to showcase mine (was thinking about simply an iWeb blog. However, Blipfoto looks pretty interesting. Any pro/cons hints about using them?

JimCollum

nothing yet.. i just started using it today :)

so you're as much of an expert as me. so far it's been pretty easy. also allows following other threads, etc

JimCollum

i was going to try to follow a sort of 'project' methodology... each month following a certain theme (the first month for me is documenting the property around our house.. since we're going to be moving to a new one in a couple months)

Terry

Dang,
Not sure what time zone their server is on but it won't let me add my Jan 1 photo. I've written them to see if there is any way to keep the year intact.

I figure I'm going to have to get creative with my daily "assigments" so I don't have 100 shots outside my window or of my feet.

Rick Waldroup

I wish all of you good luck on trying this. I tried to do this a couple of years ago and failed miserably. I only got to the second week of January before I started missing days.:eek::eek:

Diane B

I figure I'm going to have to get creative with my daily "assigments" so I don't have 100 shots outside my window or of my feet.
:ROTFL: That's what happened to me last year when I decided to do something similar (though I only promised a photo a week). Since I am here on the farm or in very close proximity to it most every day, it was a challenge. I wish I had stuck to it--but didn't. Wish you and Jim (and Teski on the other forum) well and I'll be following.

Terry

:ROTFL: Since I am here on the farm or in very close proximity to it most every day, it was a challenge.
Well, now you have a good use for your new macro lens :ROTFL::ROTFL: - nobody will know where you've been :D

Diane B

Well, now you have a good use for your new macro lens :ROTFL::ROTFL: - nobody will know where you've been :D
Hey, that's the best advice I've had photographically for a long time :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: Love it.

I forgot to say I like your first effort. Its a different take on a subject you have done some really lovely things with in past images.

Last edited: