The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Airline carry-on restrictions

sangio

Hi folks:

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting comments on various fora about new airline carry-on rules. It appears that the new rules apply to flights going into the US from other countries. Some people are claiming that although cameras are permitted, camera bags are not. I normally fly into the US from Toronto, but for an upcoming trip, I'm flying out of Detroit .... it's only a two hour ride by airport shuttle...

Have the rules changed for internal flights in the US? If anyone has travelled by air recently, were you permitted to bring your camera bag into the cabin?
How about regulation sized carry-on luggage?

Thanks
Santo

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Just came in from Spain.
The restrictions seemed as usual, just the number of bags and their weight.
That meant, for Iberia in economy only one bag period, but business plus got to take two.
We were frisked and all carry-on stuff was inspected.
The good news was that my carry-on was not weighed.
There are two places to check.
1) the tsa web site
2) the web site of the specific airline you are flying.
-bob

Lisa

To add to what Bob said, some airports (I'm mostly thinking of Heathrow here, but there could be others) sometimes have their own more restrictive rules, so check the web sites of the airports you're going through too to make sure.

Lisa

sangio

Thank you for the comments. My flight is still a couple of months away, so hopefully things will have settled down by then. I'll check with the airline just before the flight.

regards
Santo