The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well thought i would start this because many folks usually start heading out of town to visit relatives and enjoy a couple days off with family and friends. So with that Happy Thanksgiving i wish you joy, a stuffed belly, some great Turkey shots and a happy hangover.:D

Have Fun !!! let's load that gallery when you get back with some great stuff.

Hot news tomorrow as we official announce our Moab, Utah workshop. Promised to be even better than Yosemite. Get on board, I promise you will learn a lot.

Lisa

Thanks for the wishes, and I wish a happy holiday to everyone here.

(I'll be in airplanes and airports for virtually all of Thanksgiving Day, on my way to Patagonia, so I do hope you all have a better holiday than me!)

Lisa

Guy Mancuso

Lisa can you pack a nice Turkey sandwich for the flight. LOL
You have a wonderful trip and hope you get some really nice images for us to see.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving to all from sunny California! Sunny and clear here in Silicon Valley, but cold too --- the heater came on last night and there's actually frost on a few rooftops right now. Off to pull the Turkey out of the refrig and work on perfecting the cocktail of the morning, pomegranate spritzers LOLOLOL!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lars

Checking... no turkeys in sight... (well Turkey is below the horizon to the east-northeast ;) ).

Closest I can get around here is probably a deep fried something at McD. Not that I feel the urge - not really my holiday.

Anyway, happy holiday to you guys over there, go easy on the cranberries!

Lars

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Here in Copenhagen it is cloudy, cold, wet and dark, dark, dark, like living on the bottom of a bucket. Totally tripod season. Anyone has a spare nocti ...
Anyway, Happy T to all of you :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
by the way, what do the letters "DPI" mean ... ?

Excellent question! It was really a play on a few acronyms... In the printing world, DPI refers to the "Dots Per Inch" in printer outpt resolution. One of our early workshop series was teaching the technical aspects of digital printing, so there was a logical connection to that term. However, since we have workshops that cover all aspects of the digital imaging process, we also use it as acronyms for "Digital Photography Instruction" and the sharing of "Digital Photography Information" on our site.

BTW, I really like those Copenhagen images --- nice work!

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Well I'm home and has a nice time in cool Flagstaff , Hopefully those traveling make it home safe and sound. I'm full. LOL