The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yes!! It's has shipped!!

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
My Mac Powerbook is on the way, just left China. Finally, I'll be able to start processing all the images I have on cards and putting a few up. I've not done anything but a few film things since January. Now for the next three weeks I can set up the Book and really see what the GR-DII does and work throught the M8 and 5D cards. By the end of the month we'll be home and I can even start printing once more...

:thumbs:

johnastovall

RATS!!!

My New MacPowerbook showed yesterdy while I was gone with Jeanne to radiation treament. The Hostess at the League House had it but the driver had noted on it there as extensive water damage to the box and physical damage and left an number for me to call to refuse delivery.

I called FedEx and refused delivery and got a return number. I called Apple about it. They are going to send out a replacement but then I got an email wanting me to put an RMA number on but by then FedEx had come back and picked the unit up. We had to go back to the hospital where Jeanne was admitted as her blood count had crashed and there were other problems.

So, I now wait for my Power book maybe next week.

I can't beleive how badly damaged the external box was, delaminating, one corner caved in, a deep concave bend in one side and you could hear protecive foam crunching around in the box.

No way I was going to accept it. Worst shipping damage I've seen I years.

So I wait..,

cam

hey, John, i'm hoping this week starts out better and that all is better with your wife. i hope you get your new computer, sans-crush, and we get to see some of your new pics!

thinking of you,
cam

johnastovall

hey, John, i'm hoping this week starts out better and that all is better with your wife. i hope you get your new computer, sans-crush, and we get to see some of your new pics!

thinking of you,
cam
I'm waiting on Apple to get the return and unfortunately things are not going well with Jeanne.

I may get the iMac set up now that it looks like we'll be home for a while.

cam

all the best

I'm waiting on Apple to get the return and unfortunately things are not going well with Jeanne.

I may get the iMac set up now that it looks like we'll be home for a while.
sorry about how things are with Jeanne. truly.

you should set up your iMac. it will be good for you. and what's good for you, will be good for Jeanne as well. small solace, but still... you need to stay strong for her. do this little thing for yourself.

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

All the best wishes John. I hope things will turn better for your wife. I agree with Cam that you should keep something for yourself.