The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fraudulent manuevers by eBay vendor. Beware!

Uaiomex

Back in September 2009, I asked for help to locate a used Epson 7600 mainboard. Somebody kindly pointed me to an auction on eBay. Since I never bidded on eBay, I was nervous to do it. I won the auction and paid for the item via paypal. The mainboard arrived but it was the wrong kind. I got in touch with the seller and at the same time I filed a complain with paypal on not receiving the right item. The seller got mad at me for doing it and for not getting in touch with him at first hand. I told him I thought it was standard procedure and that I didn't mean any harm. I offered him to retrieve my complain. I realized that if I did this, I were not able to set a dispute anymore for this particular purchase. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and I retrieved my complain.
On October 26th, after his ofering to exchange it for the right mainboard, I internationally shipped back the "wrong" item to the seller at my own expense. After too many weeks and too many emails not getting any signs from the seller, about a month ago, I threatened to expose him. Suddenly I got a response telling me that the right item was already shipped. This time under suspicion, I asked him for a tracking number or shipping receipt. He never provided any. 2 weeks ago, I sent him a final email informing that I was going to take action. Never got a response. So, since he doesn't care for his name and company to be exposed as being a fraud and for a warning to all you fellow members of this fine forum, here is his "profille"

Name: Ernie Radicchi / Ernest Radicchi
Co. name: Atlantic Computer Dispatch
Vendor ID: er1224

I realize this seller has a good reputation as a seller. This whole issue tells me that some people with a lot of experience as ebay vendors know who and how to screw some people, especially maybe those bidding internationally.
Take much care when purchasing on eBay. Hope this helps some people.
Eduardo

PS I decided to post at this forum (MF) to reach more people. Thanks.

Last edited:

stephengilbert

Another way to protect yourself is to use your credit card to pay Paypal rather than your bank account. Most credit cards will allow disputes for 60 days from payment. Of course, when a lengthy "conversation" with the seller lasts more than 60 days, you're out of luck.

Knowing this time limit, I'd never allow a dispute to drag on so long. The one time I was cheated by an eBay seller (counterfeit Sandisk card), I filed a dispute with my credit card bank and got my money back. (Paypal was taking so long dealing with my complaint that they were going to go beyond the 60 day period, so I called the bank.)

Sorry, I hope you didn't lose too much.

Uaiomex

Thanks so much for the moral support. It seems the seller deliberately extended the periods of talking about it. He first claimed he was too busy to prepare my mainboard.Then he claimed his was out of office for some time. Then he said he shipped the right mainboard and he gained another 2 weeks, etc.
I paid him a little over $160usd plus int'l shipping. Then I spent around $200 with a technician just to find out it was the wrong board. Later on I paid for shipping him the board for an exchange, another 40 bucks. That's around $440usd. The worst thing, my printer is being out of service since August.
How much is that?
Anyway, I really thank the owners of this forum the oportunity I've had so far to ventilate my case to the world photographic comunity.
I have emails from and to paypal, eBay and the seller as proof of my case. I also have the courier receipt to the seller. If I'm asked to surrender these documents as proof, I will gladly do it. Thank you so much.
Eduardo

Another way to protect yourself is to use your credit card to pay Paypal rather than your bank account. Most credit cards will allow disputes for 60 days from payment. Of course, when a lengthy "conversation" with the seller lasts more than 60 days, you're out of luck.

Knowing this time limit, I'd never allow a dispute to drag on so long. The one time I was cheated by an eBay seller (counterfeit Sandisk card), I filed a dispute with my credit card bank and got my money back. (Paypal was taking so long dealing with my complaint that they were going to go beyond the 60 day period, so I called the bank.)

Sorry, I hope you didn't lose too much.

E

Ernierad

I finally decided to answer this post. The buyer bought a working Epson main board but for people who are trained on Epson products, sometimes a firmware change is needed for dye to pigment inks or to go from a7600 to a 9600 or vice versa. This was explained fully in the eBay listing. Been in business since 1984 and authorized service for Epson, Mutoh, mimaki, and many others for many years.

kdphotography

Better late than never? Well, I guess maybe a last minute effort for a clear conscience, I mean, according to the Mayans the world is ending tomorrow..... :eek:

:D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Ernie (Ernest Radicchi, Atlantic Computer Dispatch)

So are you going to return the money to the buyer for the item you received back ?

E

Ernierad

I did make things right with him. He just never reposted.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

So are you saying that you actually payed back the money that Uaiomex payed you for the item in the first place ?

Uaiomex

No. After I sent him back the mainboard (at his request) he never sent me back the mainboard with the parameters set for the 7600 nor I got my money back.
All I got back, was a stark email saying he shipped it back. After sending him a third or fourth email requesting proof of shipping (which I never got) never heard of Radicchi until now.
I have all the emails to prove what I'm saying.
Eduardo

So are you saying that you actually payed back the money that Uaiomex payed you for the item in the first place ?

stephengilbert

I guess Ernie never heard the adage "Let sleeping dogs lie."

Now people who forgot about the original complaint or were unaware of it can be informed of the transaction.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Now, let's not spoil the possibility of a new communication between buyer and seller.

If buyer and seller can sort this out I'll ask the moderators to delete all my posts here.

Uaiomex

I already wrote Mr. Radicchi to his inbox with a nice offer. I have no objection to set this up but Mr. Radicchi offers no satisfaction (so far). I lost over $400 usd 3 years ago. All I'm asking is for him to refund me the price of the mainboard ($160.00) and I'm ready to forget what I paid to the technician and 2 international shippings. I think it is a hell of bargain. After all, he kept the mainboard and my money.
Merry xmas all
Eduardo

Now, let's not spoil the possibility of a new communication between buyer and seller.

If buyer and seller can sort this out I'll ask the moderators to delete all my posts here.

kdphotography

Eduardo has an established credible presence with the GetDPI family and over at LL where a similar post was initiated, and to a much larger audience... It would be great to see this resolved, better late than never. It's amazing how quickly an online (dis)reputation can become vested.

Hopefully Mr. Radicchi helps this to become just one of those unfortunate misunderstandings that comes to pass...

E

Ernierad

I will be happy to send you $160.
Just give me an address.
There was never any malicious thoughts or actions.

I already wrote Mr. Radicchi to his inbox with a nice offer. I have no objection to set this up but Mr. Radicchi offers no satisfaction (so far). I lost over $400 usd 3 years ago. All I'm asking is for him to refund me the price of the mainboard ($160.00) and I'm ready to forget what I paid to the technician and 2 international shippings. I think it is a hell of bargain. After all, he kept the mainboard and my money.
Merry xmas all
Eduardo