The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CI in Carmel 2010 - 2d Annual Pigs in a Blanket!

kdphotography

Well, I've finally caught up on my sleep after the close of Capture Integration in Carmel 2010 aka the 2nd Annual Pigs in a Blanket. Don and I finally got to meet up with Dave Gallagher from Capture Integration, who brought with him a lot of nice equipment for everyone to try out, including the Leica S2, Leica M9, 40mm Rodenstock, Phase 645DF and Schneider 80mm LS, P65+, P45+, P40+ and a grouping of Arca Cubes. The M9 and lenses didn't make it back with Dave----Don having latched onto it fairly tightly, and quite happily. :)

Don and I had a blast and learned a lot too. We were blessed with good weather, particularly considering that the forecast called for rain.

1. Sutro Baths in San Francisco
2. Everyone else was photographing the Sutro Baths; I'm not sure what Rafa was photographing here.... :D
3. Muir Woods National Monument

kdphotography

Long, hard, first day---and we ended with a tour of Alcatraz at Night. We were allowed to wander about on our own shooting, and we didn't even take any of the tours. (Next time!)

1. Alcatraz
2. Me and Don (and yes, I'm standing up straight)
3. Leica M9: The M series you've been waiting to get your hands on

:p

kdphotography

We spent all of Friday photographing down the coast, taking in Garrapata, McWay Falls, Pfeiffer Beach, among other stops. Dave Gallagher taught a fantastic C1 Pro 5. class. And, of course---Pigs in a Blanket. :)

1. Pfeiffer in B&W
2. Don works with Gary at the Carmel Mission
3. Dave really loves working with a Dell PC... :D C1 Pro 5 class projected onto a ten foot screen
4. Pigs in a Blanket! at the Wagon Wheel in Carmel Valley :thumbs:

Don Libby

Great start Ken! I'm currently in Yosemite and internet access is best described as 2 tin cans and a string. I've forgotten just how slow dial-up was - actually it might be faster than what I have here.

I'll add to the images just as soon as I can.

Had a ball! It was great to finally put a face to Daves voice.

Want to lay bets which image gets the most hits?

Don

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Send me the raws and I bet I can make those Leica logos look like real tats

Dale Allyn

Great stuff, "guys".

Don, have you tried the wifi in the Ahwahnee greatroom? If not, it may be a bit faster for you. And not too bad a spot to rest your feet for a minute mid-day or after dark.

Don Libby

Just found these...

#1 - Mariah and Garry shoot on Pfeiffer Beach. Not sure what Ken's doing however there is a blond not far from him!

#2 - Kristen, Christine & Dave

Don

kdphotography

1. Garrapata
2. Big waves---got lazy and hand-held, P65+ with Sensor+ on at 1600 iso with the 75-150mm

Last edited:

Don Libby

Great images Phil and it was a pleasure meeting you. I just got home yesterday afternoon and I have a lot to do before I post any more images here - like finding them all.

Don

fotophil

Hi Don:
It was good to meet you - great photo shoot that you and Ken planned. I am blown away with the detail in the M9 images from the Big Rock. Once you get your images sorted out I suspect you will love your M9's too.

Phil