The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Brother's War

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
A powerful story by a woman whose brother served in Viet Nam, had a local girl fiance, returned to the states, and eventually killed himself. She searches her brothers past accompanied by photos she takes.

My Brother's War

Don Libby

I saw this and have been thinking all day of what a proper response could be. As a veteran and a Viet Nam veteran at that, I tend to have very strong emotions regarding stories like this. I didn’t want to go too long before responding, I also want to thank John for sharing.

“Heartbreaking” indeed.

Freedom is often paid for with a very high price; it’s too bad that there are those who squander that which was paid for.

I’ve visited the Viet Nam Memorial to visit old friends.

We need to thank the veterans of our military, no matter what part of the world you live in for they are doing what they do to keep us safe.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Except for defending ones own country, most wars have little to do with freedom, but are results of political ambitions and greed. Soldiers are mere tools in the hands of generals and politicians, enabling them to increase their influence and please their buddies.