The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adorama Rant

jlm

Workshop Member
i go to adorama when b&h is closed, like the recent 10 day hiatus, for which B&H is notorius. both are closed on saturdays, open sundays. NY locals need a place to drop in on saturdays!

helenhill

i go to adorama when b&h is closed, like the recent 10 day hiatus, for which B&H is notorius. both are closed on saturdays, open sundays. NY locals need a place to drop in on saturdays!
This Year ADORAMA was also Closed for the 10 day Holiday...,.,.,

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, it is easier to buy a diamond on 43rd street. NYC is mostly a camera free zone on Saturday (It is written...)
I had a semiconductor plan in Israel that worked for us once refuse to open a third shift since it is written that you shall not bake bread at night, and since the semiconductor plant baked chips during diffusion, the rabbinical consultant thought that was too close to baking bread to be permitted.
If they could find a way to sell camera without human intervention and arranged so that a third party might escrow the money until Sunday, then it might be possible.
-bob

Terry

If they could find a way to sell camera without human intervention and arranged so that a third party might escrow the money until Sunday, then it might be possible.
-bob
Technically they could do that now with the website and choose not to. In the end we all get our equipment and they give plenty of notice of when they will be closed for the holidays that I can live with their decisions.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I stopped using Adorama years ago but at the first of last Dec. They were the only place in the world (listed on Amazon) as having a B+W 72mm IR Cut filter and in stock. Did order. Was told it would ship in 3-5 days. 20 days later it showed up shipped 1st class on the 15th. I had to get Amazon involved. Adorama would not answer email nor return phone calls. Oh, you need a filter that big for the Canon 50/0.95 on the M8.

My net vendors these days are Amazon (the LLC not vendors), B&H, Popflash and Heavystar for hoods and such.