The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Living in an Airstream trailer?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Any one here live in one for an extended time like a year or so? Ever seen one set up for printing or processing?

This one looks interesting rip out the dinette and stick in printers, scanners and computers. I can eat my MRE's out of the bags is in my Aeron chair.

Greg Lockrey

My concern for ink-jet printers would be that the heads would be getting jarred quite a bit if they weren't locked down. I have a conversion van set up with four dye-sublimation printers that I use on the weekends at horse shows with a couple of photographers and shoot on speculation. We usually mange to print about 4-800 @ 8x14" packages on a weekend. Back in the olden days of film, I had a step van configured as a wet lab with modular type processors. Another photographer and I used to do the trade show circuit and make 8x10's on spec of the events. The advent of digital took the "mess" out of that kind of lab work. :)Using computer monitors we now have everything pre-approved prior to printing. The dye-sublimations are fast! Ahh! The life of a gypsy photographer. ;);)

Last edited:

helenhill

Alright John.....Caravan Style
I'm READY -:) Lets become Gypsies
Cheers! H

***GREAT SHORT /Waynelake ***
LOVED IT!

D

DougDolde

Too small for full time.

I lived in a 38' Teton 5th wheel for 10 years and is was quite adequate.

Last edited: