Site Sponsors

Thread: My life with Jeanne has moved to the end game...

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My life with Jeanne has moved to the end game...

We have converted our master bed room up stairs into a home hospice place. This way we can be together with our music, films, art, books and the cats. The doctors have given us 2-3 months but I think it will be sooner as she can no longer get out of bed.

I want to thank everyone here for their kind words and giving me a great sea to float these bottles out into.

At least we have time to plan the memorial service. It looks like it'll be based around Mozart's "Requiem" and the poems of Emily Dickinson and T.S. Elliot's "Four Quartets.'

And we find life still goes on...

Last edited by johnastovall; 2nd May 2008 at 09:40.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: My life with Jeanne has moved to the end game...

John,
    You posts as of late have not sounded very optimistic. Very hard to find the words to write. I wish you well and hope that you can cherish what little time you have left together.

Best heartfelt wishes,
    Terry

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    John,
    You posts as of late have not sounded very optimistic. Very hard to find the words to write. I wish you well and hope that you can cherish what little time you have left together.

Best heartfelt wishes,
    Terry
    No, optimistic thought has been in short supply lately. I guess it really dropped when they moved the hospital bed in and oxygen generator. I'm photographing her off on on I think I want to have the images and as a news shooter once told me, "When I see it the view finder it's not real, it's on when I stop does it come into my life."

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A confluence of emotions runs though me for you right now John; my deepest sympathies combined with my best wishes for your remaining time together to be as deeply cherished as possible.

Warmest regards,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Your situation brings into focus how precious each day is. Especially true once the finite number of them has been penciled in. Peace to you both.

Best,
    Tim

Haya

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife I hope your remaining time together is well spent and that you have the strength to help her through this.. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
    No, optimistic thought has been in short supply lately. I guess it really dropped when they moved the hospital bed in and oxygen generator. I'm photographing her off on on I think I want to have the images and as a news shooter once told me, "When I see it the view finder it's not real, it's on when I stop does it come into my life."
    John

I so resonate with your situation and hope that your love of arts will somehow deepen your love of life with Jeanne and become the common denominator for your final decisions.

I have already tried to plan out some of these same issues for me as I am 8 years older than my Phyllis. Only change from you is I have decided I want the final movement of Mahlers 2nd (Resurrection) symphony as I want to focus on the beauty of the afterlife as opposed to the finality of the funeral mass. Only a personal perspective but if you are not familiar with that movement you may want to listen together. Marvelously uplifting IMHO.

God bless both of you

Woody

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

John enjoy the wonderful moments you each have left together and cherish your life with her. We are all so saddened by this and we hope the things you love will help lift your spirits. Be her strength John. Bless both of you through these times.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

John, I will be praying for Jeanne. I hope that you can comfort each other at this time. God bless you both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

John, the deepest sympathies from me and my wife, you are both in our thoughts
    Ursula & Steen from Denmark