The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Travel with film

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I'm headed back to Russia for the last time. This time I intend to take only the M9 and a M7 with film. I have some lead lined pouches, is that good enough or should I follow some other proceedure? Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Something I used to do when traveling with film (before I went digital), which is similar to "Flying with Fish's" method but more comprehensible to the security people, was to throw a couple of rolls of ISO 800 or 1600 into my bag of otherwise lower-ISO film (the stuff I actually intended to use), and then ask for a hand-check on the grounds that "some of the film is high ISO". Out of a couple of dozen airports around the world, the only place that gave me trouble and insisted on running it through the X-ray anyway was London Heathrow (where the security people tend to be really annoying to deal with in general).

Lisa