Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: John Stovall Has Passed

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: John Stovall Has Passed

PS: I've received a few inquiries about what I think is an appropriate amount to donate. Honestly, I say it's up to you, whatever you feel appropriate. I can tell you most have been $20 or $25, and the largest so far has been $50.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    (...) I hope he and Jeanne have a wonderful reunion.
    Agree, Lloyd, John on his way to his Jeanne, that's the way I want to think of it.

I have shown you this one from Croatia before, I think maybe he would have liked it.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I remember John at one time sent me a PM asking me if it was okay to post links to all the various photo links that he came up with. My response was the Sunset Bar is all his and man did he take advantage of it for all our benefit. I wish I had the chance to actually meet him but this forum generates a lot of friendships and John helped a great deal in creating what GetDPI is today. For that alone we are all thankful of that. So if you think you don't make a difference here than sadly you are wrong in that thinking. Maybe something in his passing that will leave us all with a great feeling of being a part of something special even if it is virtual it really is real life. I know Jack and I thank you all for that and we hold John in a very special place in our hearts.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

What a shock - but what a nice tribute this thread is.

RIP John.
    David Anderson

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My parents were luckier than John and Jeanne (living well into their 80s), but my father had a lot of work to look after my mother in the last couple of years. When she died we felt that he would have a little time to enjoy his photography and his friends, but actually, he only lasted a year or so, and his end was probably less comfortable than John's.
    Sometimes it's time to go, and perhaps John had arrived there.

all the best

Just this guy you know

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am glad to be a member here at GetDPI and to have benefitted from the many contributions John made to the forum through his varied posts covering a wide range of topics. He certainly had a knack for finding stories of interest and I am sure many members will miss his lively posts.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A great personality. He will be missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just saw this ... so sad. What a great personality ... unique, interesting and oh so vital.

Any takers for the John Stovall Sunset Bar?

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thought about it myself
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Just saw this ... so sad. What a great personality ... unique, interesting and oh so vital.

Kurt
    It would be a fine tribute to John's unique contributions here at GetDPI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Have just now seen this; very saddened.

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    Last edited by Robert Campbell; 20th June 2010 at 23:05.
    Sláinte

Robert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Take it to Stovall's

i could go for Stovall Sunset Bar or Stovall's Sunset Bar)...

that allows it to remain a bit enigmatic, much like the man. a memorial but not overtly, more of a wink, a little kiss to heaven.

with his full name there, newcomers will just think he donated money and never really wonder. with only his last (the name he preferred) there will be a shroud of mystery, waiting to be released now and again.

and then we can tell tall tales of the man that was, is, and always will be...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kurt
    I am totally for it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Take it to Stovall's

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    i could go for Stovall Sunset Bar or Stovall's Sunset Bar)...

that allows it to remain a bit enigmatic, much like the man. a memorial but not overtly, more of a wink, a little kiss to heaven.

with his full name there, newcomers will just think he donated money and never really wonder. with only his last (the name he preferred) there will be a shroud of mystery, waiting to be released now and again.

and then we can tell tall tales of the man that was, is, and always will be...
    What Cam said, with a preference for "Stovall's Sunset Bar."

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    I'll Second that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I'll Second that.
    My vote, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Very sad indeed. RIP John with your lovely wife.
    Mike

website under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My preference, too.
    Sláinte

Robert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

a vote for stovall's sunset bar...and not because she told me :-)

A fitting tribute

K

Post Thanks / Like

I attended the graveside service this morning. I will post some photos later and share some anecdotes about John.

Post Thanks / Like

John was laid to rest at Burkett Cemetery, located in an extremely remote, yet beautiful, area between Coleman and Cross Plains, Texas. Folks, when I say remote, I mean remote- this place is literally out in the middle of nowhere. After arriving at the cemetery, I could understand why John chose this place. It was close to where John grew up in Coleman, it is so remote and peaceful, and finally, it is so Texas like- and I never met anyone who loved Texas more than John, including myself. The first thing I noticed was the absolute silence. Very, very few cars passed by, no planes flying overhead- just this beautiful, pristine, Texas countryside that John had chosen as the last resting place for his wife and him. It was a small cemetery, yet one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I have ever been to.

There were only a handful of people there when I arrived (and how I arrived is a strange story in itself) and I estimate that by the time the service started, there were approximately 40 people in attendence. However, there had been a memorial service earlier that morning at John's church in Dublin, which drew a large crowd. I did not attend that service.

I only snapped a few shots with my Ricoh GRD, as I did not want to be intrusive at all on such a solemn ceremony, or so I thought it to be. I heard so many stories about John's childhood, that soon, many in the crowd were laughing and shaking their heads as the priest recounted many of these stories. John would have loved this. This turned out to be a celebration of a life well lived, not a time of mourning for a life that had passed.

This is from the front gate as you enter the cemetary.

The small cemetary where John was laid to rest.

The view from John and Jeanne's final resting place.

John was born to a family of very prosperous merchants located in the Coleman area. I believe John was an only child and therefore pampered by his mother and father, but no one, and I mean no one spoiled John, like his Grandpa did. Whatever John Alex (what his Grandpa always called him)wanted, John Alex got. John was extremely intelligent and was reading magazines and books by the age of 3. One year, John told his Grandpa that he wanted a set of firecrackers for Christman. Now, these were not ordinary firecrackers, these were specially made firecrackers used in Chinatown in New York for the Chinese New Year celebration. John informed his Grandpa that he had read about them, and that this is what he wanted for Christmas. His Grandpa could not find these particular fireworks anywhere in Texas (you have to remember that this was back in the 1950's), so his Grandpa called the City of New York, got some numbers of people to call, and the next thing you know, John's Grandpa had the firecrackers flown into Dallas, where they were met by a courier and hand delivered to John Alex, on Christmas morning.

As all little boys do, John loved going to the rodeo and live stock shows. All the little boys would dress up in their best cowboy outfits- chaps, hats, boots, etc. But John was the only boy to show up wearing custom, hand-made boots, courtesy of John's Grandpa.

John once owned a pet alligator. Not a baby one that you could buy from the back of magazines back in those days. No, John's was a full grown 8 foot alligator. John told his Grandpa, when he was 8 years old, that he intended to become a zoo keeper when he grew up and therefore, he needed to start working on his own private zoo right away. Grandpa flew in a live, adult alligator from Lousiana. When they let it loose on the property, Grandpa made John promise him there he would not try to feed it or go near it. But John would sneak out sometimes, lay some food near a pond where the gator lived, and then climb up in a tree to watch his pet eat.

John also owned an iguana, that once again, Grandpa had to fly in from the West Coast, as he could not find one in Texas.

Although pampered like this, it made John a better person, instead of some little spoiled rich kid. His Grandpa was a crusty, old hard West Texas rancher who had worked hard for the good things in life and he wanted John to know that there was never any harm in being a dreamer and wanting the finer things in life. And this stayed with John forever and became the basis for John always wanting the best and wanting to live lfe to it's fullest- which he did.

There were so many stories like these that, like I mentioned above, were just wonderful to hear and soon all of us were laughing as we heard them because it finally made us realize that John had done what so many of us only dream about- he lived life to it's fullest with gusto and flair. I remember Jeanne once remarked about she had never met anyone so damn crazy as John, but how she could never imagine life without him, because to know John, was to know life itself.
    Last edited by Rick Waldroup; 22nd June 2010 at 04:53.

Post Thanks / Like

On my way to the funeral, I got lost. Now, I pride myself on being able to read a map, and I almost never, ever get lost. But there I was, outside of Dublin, driving down a Farm to Market road (or an FM road), when suddenly, because of some contstruction, I had to detour on several gravel county roads, and after about 30 minutes of driving around and not seeing another car or living soul, I realized I was lost. A slight panic set in as I began to worry about being late to the funeral.

I finally made my way back to a hardtop road, but there were no signs and I could not even tell what direction I was headed in. I drove blindly, hoping to come across civilization somewhere- hoping to find a small town or a gast station where I could stop for directions. Another 15 minutes passed without seeing anyone. Then, as I topped a hill, I could see a car ahead of me, in the distance. I sped up, and as I got closer, I began to really look at the car- there was something unusual about it. As I got closer, that is when I realized that it was a hearse. I could tell it had a casket in it. It was John. I just knew it had to be because what are the odds that another hearse would be in such a remote area and then I began to think about the odds of me coming across the hearse in such a remote area. I knew it had to be John.

So, I did what any good photographer would do, I grabbed a camera. I followed the hearse all the way to the cemetery. And that is how I found my way there.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great Stuff Rick
    Thank you so much for that - Do we know what John did for a living?

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rick, fantastic stories and documentation. Thanks very much for taking the time to post them.

A photographer's dream has to be someone taking time to record their passing and all while celebrating their living.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jonathan and Kurt.

John was a systems analyst at Tarleton State Universtiy in Stepehenville, Texas. He retired from there a couple of years ago. From what I heard, though, John was involved with computer systems most of his life and that occupation took him all over the world. Someone told me that he actually lived and worked in China for a while back in the 70's, somethiing a bit unusual for a Westerner in those days.

Also, someone mentioned that John had an original Georgia O'Keefe painting hanging in his house. There were many different stories about how John acquired this, as it appears that he did not purchase it. According to one person, John's mother became acquainted with O'Keefe on the family's many trips to New Mexico in the early 1950's. The two ladies struck up a friendship, so much so, that they would spend a few days with O'Keefe on their visits, where John would run and play in the house. O'Keefe adored the "spirited little boy" and gave John's mother one of her paintings. That is how the story goes, but no one is absolutely sure about it. There were so many facets to John's personality and he really became larger than life- and that, my friends, is a hard feat to accomplish in the State of Texas.

I used to brag to John that I could bull**** with the best of 'em, having come from a long line of distinguished Texas bull****ters. John wrote me back and said, "Well, that's all fine and grand, my friend, but in my case, I have honed that skill down to a fine art to where no one, and I mean no one, can tell when I am bull****ting or I am telling the truth..." And he was right about that, as he was about a lof things when it comes to Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Waldroup View Post

So, I did what any good photographer would do, I grabbed a camera. I followed the hearse all the way to the cemetery. And that is how I found my way there.

John would LOVE this part of your story and I suspect he'd appreciate this image as his final farewell to us. Well done, and thank you for all the added insights!
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow, What a sendoff from this forum!

Rick, John would have loved the photo of the hearse. I appreciate you attending and sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

From his profile at Amazon.com, which must have been written several years ago:

Call me, Stovall.

I'm a Sr. System Analyst for the Department of Information Resources at Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Texas. My wife of 36 years and I live in a historic home built in 1884 in Dublin, Texas. I came to TSU five years ago after 20 years with Control Data Corporation (Systems) and at the time of its dissolution was a Program/Project Manger in its Federal Projects Group. Prior to that I spent 10 years at Southern Methodist University, first as a Graduate student working on a Doctorate in Anthropology. I completed all course work and core examinations but went "All But Disseration" when my Disseration Director left after not getting tenured and my research grant fell through. I then worked for the computer center there as a Statistical Consultant and Scientific/Engineering programmer.

I am one of four authors working on the second volume of _Texas Burial Sites of Civil War Notables: A Biographic and Photographic Field Guide_.

My long term goal in life is to live in the South of France and spend my time writing and doing photographpy for my books and articles.

The photographers who have most influnced my work are:

David Douglas Duncan
    http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/online/ddd/

Tim Page
    http://www.lightstalkers.org/timpage

James Nachtwey
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

Canon 20D and 5D with these Canon Lenses 400mm f/5.6L, 200mm f/2.8L, 180mm f/3.5L Macro,135mm f/2.0L, 16-35 f/2.8L, 17-40 f/4.0L, 24-70 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4.0L, 70-200/2.8L IS, 35mm f/1.4L, 50mm f/1.0L,
    50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, EF 1.4X II, Peleng 8mm f/3.5 and 580EX. Modified Holga 120N.
    Cancled Leica M8, ZM 21/2.8, 35/1.4 'Lux ASPH, 50/1.0 Nocti', 75/2.0 'Cron APO

Interests:
    Collecting 19th Century Japanese print. 1st editions of Robinson Jeffers Texas in the Civil The military history of the French Foreign Legion and the Rhodeisian bush war. Fine are photography and printing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Tom. Yes, someone mentioned the two books on burial sites. John did a lot of research for the project and the second book is due out sometime later this year or early next year. He was a huge Civil War history buff.

Also, many years ago, John and I talked about Cross Plains, Texas. He asked me if I had ever been there, and I told him no. He told he that the town had produced an extremely famous and talented person and that his family knew this person, before his death in the late 1930's.

Of course John would not tell me who it was, so I did some research on my own and found out that Robert E. Howard was born in and lived in Cross Plains. Howard was the creator of Conan the Barbarian and other science fiction and fantasy characters and basically invented the sword and sorcery pulp fiction in America that still exists today. Howard commited sucide in the late 1930's.

Cross Plains, population 2,000, holds an annual Barbarian Festival every year that attracts visitors from all over the world.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rick, Thanks for sharing. Very well done report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

not to undermine the kind offer from Jack and Guy for compiling our money to give to John's favourite charity, but... in Stovall fashion, i decided to be ornery and go against the grain...

instead, i felt i'd rather keep his photographs alive. and, it seems, i'm not the only one! (according to Josh, his account is now flush through 2015)

(i'll link his photos again here)

if anyone wants to add another year, it's as easy as clicking on Give this person a gift subscription at the link below:

http://photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=2004765

on his Lightstalker bio, in answer to a canned question, John said this:

As for ‘Why Photography’, why as van Gogh said, ‘To make them say, ’He feels deeply. He feels tenderly.’’

i hope it's said for a long time to come...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally made my way back to a hardtop road, but there were no signs and I could not even tell what direction I was headed in. I drove blindly, hoping to come across civilization somewhere- hoping to find a small town or a gast station where I could stop for directions. Another 15 minutes passed without seeing anyone. Then, as I topped a hill, I could see a car ahead of me, in the distance. I sped up, and as I got closer, I began to really look at the car- there was something unusual about it. As I got closer, that is when I realized that it was a hearse. I could tell it had a casket in it. It was John. I just knew it had to be because what are the odds that another hearse would be in such a remote area and then I began to think about the odds of me coming across the hearse in such a remote area. I knew it had to be John.

Even on the way to his own funeral, John found one last way to help out a friend. If that doesn't sum up John Stovall, I don't know what does.

Rick, y'all done good. By John and by everyone here. Thank you!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Even on the way to his own funeral, John found one last way to help out a friend. If that doesn't sum up John Stovall, I don't know what does.

Rick, y'all done good. By John and by everyone here. Thank you!
    Amen to that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rick,

There may not have been many physical people present...but many of us were present in spirit.

Thank you for attending in persona for us, for representing us -- even if we had never met John, but only knew [and loved him for what he was] him through these forums.

Jack, Guy: what's with Stovall's Sunset Bar?

Make some of the above comments/Irish Blessing as a sticky comment and welcome?
    [Dublin may be in Texas, but the original is in Ireland!]
    Sláinte

Robert.

Shelby Lewis

Just found this thread and I am at the same time shocked, saddened, and enlightened.

I didn't know John very well, but I always enjoyed his posts and well-defended writings. He was one of those people I had intended to attempt to meet one day in the future... just because he seemed so intriguing.

Rick, thanks so much for representing the forum in person. I truly think he had found a home here. Funny.. I read the replies about him at the texas forum, and there are so many (good-hearted!) remarks about him being a bit irritating from time to time...

... well we must just be a big group of irritating people, because he fit in perfectly over here

Say hi to my Mom, John (and your lovely bride)... you will be missed in these parts!

Post Thanks / Like

Shelby, I was a member of the Texas Photo Forum for several years, until I was banned, unjustly, as I saw it, but that is neither here nor there and is definately water under the bridge. However, John defended me on that forum to the point that he was almost banned himself. If John considered you a friend, you were a friend for life and he would defend you to the end. He was loyal beyond all reason.

And yes, he had a tendency to irritate the hell out of people on that forum.

Post Thanks / Like

And yes, he had a tendency to irritate the hell out of people on that forum.
    I have often found that the people who irritate me the most are the ones who, when gone, I miss the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So sad he passed away. I was one of his anonymous reader.
    This is just so strange, I have never thought the disparition of someone I have never met could affect me that way.
    Today my thoughts are for him.

Stephane.

Reunion Island.
    ---------------------------------
    http://stef974.tumblr.com/
    ---------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom in mpls View Post
    I have often found that the people who irritate me the most are the ones who, when gone, I miss the most.
    Oops, I didn't mean to say that John irritated me. "Hey, another post from Stovall. Where does he find all this obscure stuff?" His absence will be felt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

On my way to the funeral, I got lost. [...]

[...]

Rick, what a story. And an amazing photo.
    Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thought I'd give an update on the collections to date from GetDPI that we'll be forwarding in memory of John's to the Historical Society. Assuming nothing more comes in before Noon today, members have collectively contributed $350. We (GetDPI.com) will add in another $50 to bring the total gift to $400.

There was some indiction we should split the funds between the historical society and the library, but given the total, I feel it's best we send one larger gift in his name.

I'll draft a note to forward with the check and post it here as well.
    Jack

Rusty_Tripod

Rick, thanks for the update. I have not been to the cemetery since June of 2006. Lots of family members are buried there. It is quiet because the road has been extended around Burkett. A few families have moved in, but it has changed from the nice little hamlet of my grandfather and aunts and uncles during the '50s.

John's grave is on the east side of the cemetery, so I will check it out when I am down there next. Hopefully, it will be before the summer is done.

Mother was from Cross Plains. Daddy was from Burkett, and I lived there as a small boy. The extended family resided in Coleman. Lots of connections so I want to find out if our families intersect.

My experience with John was that he was generous and feisty. He certainly had a strong curiosity streak so that I enjoyed reading his varied, and and seemingly unknown finds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Folks,

This is what I've put together to send to the Dublin Historical Museum in honor of John, I figured I'd print it out and forward it of course with a check for the total gift. Rick, with your permission I'd like to share your picture with them, but totally understand if you'd prefer I didn't:

PS Edit: Hearing no objections, I am sending a check to the Dublin Historical Museum in the amount of $400 and attaching it to Glossy print of the sentiment below.

Thanks to all who participated, and to Rick for his perfect sendoff story and tribute photo.

To John Stovall, may you Rest In Peace my friend,
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

..... by looking at the avatar, I knew the post was going to be interesting then I stopped scrolling and started to read.... Sad, very sad !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Hi Folks,

This is what I've put together to send to the Dublin Historical Museum in honor of John, I figured I'd print it out and forward it of course with a check for the total gift. Rick, with your permission I'd like to share your picture with them, but totally understand if you'd prefer I didn't:

PS Edit: Hearing no objections, I am sending a check to the Dublin Historical Museum in the amount of $400 and attaching it to Glossy print of the sentiment below.

Thanks to all who participated, and to Rick for his perfect sendoff story and tribute photo.

To John Stovall, may you Rest In Peace my friend,
    Great send off. Nice work folks

Post Thanks / Like

I am deeply moved by the generous spirit of all the folks here and I am deeply humbled that the forum decided to tie in my photo and story along with the donation.

Deeply, deeply humbled and I thank everyone here.

This is the type of generous spirit that made up John's soul. The entire forum should be proud.

Thanks, Rick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am sad for all that John is no longer with us. What I remember and miss about him:
    1) Famous phrases on his signature that he changed from time to time
    2) His passion for the highest quality
    3) His interest and love for photography at many levels and forms
    4) His contribution to the community
    5) I miss the opportunity to see the images from the latest lens he spoke so highly of, the Leica Apo 4.0/280. A fine lens for a fine gentleman indeed. In his honor I will reacquire this lens and post the images here at GetDPI in the Leica forums and call it John Stovall Last Lens to celebrate his memories and visions.

Rick, thanks for telling us the story of John; you made it crystal clear for us to see John and his final resting place.

John, this one is for you in your new home: http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/m/a/amazing_grace.htm

Best Wishes,
    -Son

David Rutledge

Wow...Stovall is dead.
    I met John in 1953 or so, grew up with him. I had rock fights with him, rode around Coleman in his first car, remember the Iguana he had in his bedroom. I remember when he got his first "good" camera, an Argus C3. I was rooming with him when he bought his Cyclops Contarex (bought after he played with my Nikon FT and grew jealous of its capabilities) At the time, he had a Russian KGB Leica copy which his dad had taken from a German officer in WWII. The KGB Leica copy quit, and he went camera hunting. We had many discussions on what pictures were "worthy of the wall" and were critical of each others work. We separated when we got married, and I have not talked to him in 30 years. I had always pictured myself retiring to the Hill country above Austin, re-connecting with him and trading war stories about our lives. I was truly depressed to learn of his passing, and truly regret not re-connecting while he lived.
    David Rutledge

HarrisGraeberII

I "met" Stovall in 2006 on Texas Photo Forum. I had only exchanged messages about his photos, and answered about mine. I was still not sure about "digital" photography. I sent the following photo to Stovall, full size, via email:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rs20061216.jpg totally expecting scathing criticism. His answer?
    "That is a great shot. Thanks. I'll make a print of it." John A. Stovall, February 13, 2007.

I later found a book in Austin that he could no longer find a copy of. I was ready to send it to Dublin, but at that time in 2007, Jeanne was still able to travel, so they found another reason to "stop by" our home in Leander (yes we have moved). I am 6'2" in my boots, and I looked up to his bearded smile, while his hand engulfed mine in friendship. He and Jeanne did not sit, nor stay long, and off with the book they went.

I imagine Stovall will be riding around up there sometime, but only after his reunion with Jeanne! Thanks for attending, and for the photos, at the graveside and on the road!

Paul Kalich

I met John face to face only 3 times over the last few years, also met him on Texas Photo F, and he left a mark on me that I won't forget. He was a giant of a man but he was also a gentle and great person and will be missed by many folks across the net. It shocked me and many others to hear of his passing but we all have to go some times sooner or later and now he can be with his dear wife that he still missed so much.

So even though this is my first post here it won't be my last and I hope to bring in some interesting links and comments in the style of John-Over on TPF John and I sometimes would trade private messages on many topics that we thought were a bit to HOT for that forumn or would stir up too much trouble for both of us since we both had been read the riot act over Rick and his banning from the site about 2 years ago.