The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous - the missing camera

Godfrey

I've never heard anyone complain about the zoom range (though I'm sure that some have). As for lens correction . . .I thought we'd all got used to that (yourself included) in that it's also done with m4/3, hassleblad, leica, and probably everyone else, certainly will be soon.
I've heard lots of people complain about the LX3's short zoom range. "if only it had ... " etc. Seems silly to me.

I'm perfectly comfortable with lens correction software and image processing. To me it's the boon that has completely revitalized photography in many ways.

But this is a pointless argument Godfrey - you are a perfectionist, and I'm definitely a kludger - never the twain shall meet (at least in discussion of photo gear!).
Yes, it's pointless. I'm just passing some spare moments in a 'whiskey and tobacco' kinda conversation with this. ;-)