The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Today I had a new emotion.....

M5-Guy

I was on my way to my next job, and when I got there, I saw a 56 Olds in Maroon and with "The Rocket V8" (J2 Rocket). It was beautiful !!! (It looks like a larger Thunderbird of the day)
I had my trusty Oly XA loaded with Fuji 200. I did get some nice images.
BUT, as I shoot the last frame... I was remorseful that I had no more film. That was the normal response. But, then, I thought that I preferred film more than Digital, even if I had a Digital camera with me....

I like both, but each has it's own positives and qualities, depending on the final image you want.

Am I morphing here?
I just bought a Panasonic G1 with a 17mm Pancake... Another Digital Camera.... I now have 2 film and 2 digital cameras :eek:

Is this new emotion happening to other Digital shooters that also have started shooting film now and again?

T

tokengirl

Going back to film after a really long absence has been interesting. Yesterday I used my Canon for the first time since I got my M6. I was surprised by how big and heavy it was. But it was the right tool for the task at hand.

Film or digital, they're just tools used to capture a moment in time. Neither is better or worse in and of itself. But at various times, one or the other will give you more pleasure to use.

My foray into film seems to be coming from a desire to simplify. I just bought a Horseman 6x7 roll film back on eBay and I'm using it to build a pinhole camera. For now, I seem to have lost interest in resolution, sharpness, distortion, megapixels, autofocus performance, frames per second, DXO lens analysis, blah, blah, blah. Light and shape is all that matters for now.

I imagine I'll get over it eventually.:D

M5-Guy

Going back to film after a really long absence has been interesting. Yesterday I used my Canon for the first time since I got my M6. I was surprised by how big and heavy it was. But it was the right tool for the task at hand.

Film or digital, they're just tools used to capture a moment in time. Neither is better or worse in and of itself. But at various times, one or the other will give you more pleasure to use.

My foray into film seems to be coming from a desire to simplify. I just bought a Horseman 6x7 roll film back on eBay and I'm using it to build a pinhole camera. For now, I seem to have lost interest in resolution, sharpness, distortion, megapixels, autofocus performance, frames per second, DXO lens analysis, blah, blah, blah. Light and shape is all that matters for now.

I imagine I'll get over it eventually.:D
A MF Pin Hole camera.... Neat
Be sure to post a few images....
And tell how may hours :ROTFL: the exposure was... (OK.. maybe minutes :eek:)
That would great for a Downtown Cityscape...where the cars and people should not be recorded for the most part. maybe a blur now and again. :D

Simplify... That why I like my film cameras... The XA is totally simple...
Maybe that what I am feeling... "The Joy of Simplicity" with the lack of dozens of controls.