The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Juan 2008-05

robsteve

Subscriber
Last evening we were treated to both a wine and cheese reception and a rum tasting. I thought that they would be the perfect venues for the Noctilux,

While shooting the Noctilux, I thought, lets see if the bazillion ISO Nikon D3 shooters can match a Noctilux on a M8. Jack was the target. Bot Ray and I took our best shots. In the end I thing the fast glass on a M8 was the better choice :)

Here is he crop. I was focusing on Jack's eyes. It was 1/15th at f1.2 and 640iso.

robsteve

Subscriber
Here are a few more with the Noctilux.

This first one was taken by Jack. I assume he was focusing on the grape.

This is Rodger trying his best not to get his picture taken. He was blinking so much, the first two shots has his eyed closed and this one has a touch of motion blur.

Here is David and his Wife Marcie. David had just told her he was done spending money on camera gear :)

Finally, one from this morning. I call this I have fallen and can't get up. Brad going for a low angle.

robsteve

Subscriber
These are a few from yesterday.

Guy trying out one of the new backs.

Bob and Guy in Old Town.

Marcie, Guy and Jack.

Guy and Jack were shooting this same scene to compare the dynamic range of their Digital backs. This is what I got from my digital back, camera on auto.