The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Juan 2008-05

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Helen!

Just took a few minutes to review a few of the files, and found another shot of the belly dancer, this one balancing a sword on her head. It stayed amazingly still as she spun her hands, hips and belly :)

This one was 1/4 second exposure, again hand-held:

Cheers,

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
This is also from that same session with a D3 and an old 50mm lens.
I am still learning all of the ways to screw up my settings with this new camera to me.
A crop from the iso 6400 original shot at 1/5 sec and f/4
View attachment 4504
-bob

jonoslack

Rob, how come in yours she is sharp but the sword is blurred?

:D,
I think he must have been wobbling in exact sync with her belly :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Anyway everybody - I've really enjoyed your trip, vicariously I'm afraid, but it looked a whole lot of fun. My only question is that evening on the balcony - 3 bottles of wine between you lot? :wtf:

Terry

My only question is that evening on the balcony - 3 bottles of wine between you lot? :wtf:
Easy answer...that picture was taken not long after we arrived and given the temperature the wine was kept cold until needed. :ROTFL: Think of the wine as the aperitif before the evening mojitos. :angel:

helenhill

REQUEST PLEASE:

Lets Play a Game
Buzz words for Creating the Picture:
'Sexy Island Evening Mojito Shots'.......
Lets see what you can come up with

:D:):D:):D:)
Best ,H
Well I see Y'ALL Did well with the Game
but where are the "MOJITO 'SHOTS..........

Cheers ! H:D

robsteve

Subscriber
I made it out of bed early enough this morning to shoot the sunrise. This was with the 28mm shift, shifted to get the foreground in.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I think he must have been wobbling in exact sync with her belly :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Anyway everybody - I've really enjoyed your trip, vicariously I'm afraid, but it looked a whole lot of fun. My only question is that evening on the balcony - 3 bottles of wine between you lot? :wtf:
Those were the dead soldiers, we had three more on ice outside the frame. And as Terry said, this was pre-dinner :D

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No it was the Rum Reception. Damn we sound like a bunch of drunks. Seriously we all worked very hard all week. Very early to rise and late to bed every night.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
No it was the Rum Reception. Damn we sound like a bunch of drunks. Seriously we all worked very hard all week. Very early to rise and late to bed every night.
I think that we drank in moderation...
we always left a bit at the bar
-bob