The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I have raised the parting glass to 36 years of joy and beauty.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Yesterday, Jeanne passed away at 9am at home with our cats and our art and Mozat's Requiem in E playing....

I wanted to share this with you all as you have such a source of peace and beauty of me during these times....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
John so sorry to hear of Jeanne's passing , hopefully she went peacefully and without pain. As for your pain just remember the 36 years of joy my friend. That is something to treasure forever. God Bless

mwalker

Subscriber Member
John, I am so sorry for your loss. You have friends here if you need anything please PM me.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
John,
The best of memories and bon chance on a new voyage.
I will hold the both of you in the light.
-bob

cam

now i know what the wind that whipped up here was for... i hope you both found peace.

Terry

John,
I hope you hold on to the very fine moments you spent together and can cherish them for a long time. Remember as you travel around (something you've written about doing) you have friends around the world (from this and other forums) to lean on.

A

asabet

So sorry for your loss, John. I've seen and been moved by your photography here and at Photo.net. I hope that you find strength in these times. Take care, Amin.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
John, the deepest sympathies from me and my wife, you are both in our thoughts
Ursula & Steen from Denmark
(At first I posted this in your former thread, I meant to post it in this thread, sorry John. /Steen)

cam

as i'm in Sonoma and have been visiting various wineries, i have raised several glasses in Jeanne's honour. is there a particular wine she preferred? and which is your favourite?

W

wbrandsma

I offer you my sincere condolences and deep sympathy John.

Wouter

Robert Campbell

My sincere condolences to you; I hope you find the strength to come through these difficult times. And I suspect I am not alone in trying to find the appropriate words at this time.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
It's difficult to know exactly what to say. It makes me sad to think of what you're going through. Remember that you have many friends here, if there's ever anything I can do, just ask. Peace.

Tim

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
as i'm in Sonoma and have been visiting various wineries, i have raised several glasses in Jeanne's honour. is there a particular wine she preferred? and which is your favourite?
She liked full bodied reds. I've love for sharp Charrdonys.

Last night an old friend showed up with a bottle of Laphroaig and we raised that. I should have been born on Islay....

Maggie O

My deepest and most sincere condolences for your loss, John. I'll raise a glass of Taittinger to her memory.

Clawery

John,
I'm new to this forum, but wanted to send my you my deepest condolences. If there is anything I can do for you, please say the word.

Chris Lawery
Capture Integration

cam

She liked full bodied reds. I've love for sharp Charrdonys.

Last night an old friend showed up with a bottle of Laphroaig and we raised that. I should have been born on Islay....
tonight we're having a picnic on the balcony, including a very full bodied red and, i'm afraid, only a Sauvignon Blanc. i've yet to find a Char that wowed me (they're so much harder), so none in our little arsenal yet... Jeanne will be toasted heavily tonight. you will have to wait a wee bit, though. tomorrow i will search for the perfect one to honour you (any one you can think of in this neck of the woods i should look?).

as for Laphroaig, absolutely spot on! nothing peatier on earth. i am actually a Friend of Laphroaig and supposedly have a patch of swamp in my name. when we were in Islay, we stayed in a beautiful inn and i think our whiskey tasting bills were more than the lodging (the way it should be, IMO). although all the Islay whiskies are fine by me, we came away with an appreciation for Ardbeg which we'd never known before. just a touch smoother than Laphroaig, though not quite as smooth as Lag. when i really need a whiskey, though, nothing touches Laphroaig! you have a very good friend, indeed!

we'll have to meet up on Islay.

cam

we had a very nice Iron Horse Chardonnay today and toasted you. i was hoping to find a Kistler (my favourite) but that is too rare, even its own region. you are still strongly in my thoughts.