The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Deer Grand Forks

B

Bill Wilby

I don't know if there are many face book fans here but after too many glasses of wine on Saturday night I decided to start a face book page Deer Grand Forks I live in a small city that has what some of the residents consider a major problem, too many white tail deer, and there are discussions in city hall as to how to deal with it. The main idea is to "cull" the deer and sell the meat to tourists. Many of the residents including myself like to shoot the deer but with a camera. I started this face book page because I thought people around the world might be interested in the city with the problem of too many deer. cheers Bill now for another glass of wine and a vegie burger

jonoslack

I don't know if there are many face book fans here but after too many glasses of wine on Saturday night I decided to start a face book page Deer Grand Forks I live in a small city that has what some of the residents consider a major problem, too many white tail deer, and there are discussions in city hall as to how to deal with it. The main idea is to "cull" the deer and sell the meat to tourists. Many of the residents including myself like to shoot the deer but with a camera. I started this face book page because I thought people around the world might be interested in the city with the problem of too many deer. cheers Bill now for another glass of wine and a vegie burger
Hi Bill
That's wonderful - we have lots of deer around us as well (mostly Roe deer). They don't have those lovely spots when they're babies though.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sell the meat to tourists? If I was a tourist to Grand Forks, I would prefer to see the deer in the wild rather than in the freezer. The problem is not too many deer, but the attitude of people; "please conserve the environment, but not here where I live". It's the same all over the world.

Nice photos on the FB page :thumbup:

B

Bill Wilby

Thanks Jorgen, it was good to see your name on the page, I am hoping other people from around the world will do the same. I was talking to a friend today and the "deer problem" came up in our conversation. I think he had some wise words, he said "problem what problem, the deer will be here long after we are gone" regards Bill