The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stovall Link

stephengilbert

I think John might've linked to this collection, color photos of the U.S., 1939-43.

These images, by photographers of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information, are some of the only color photographs taken of the effects of the Depression on America’s rural and small town populations. The photographs are the property of the Library of Congress and were included in a 2006 exhibit Bound for Glory: America in Color.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/07/26/captured-america-in-color-from-1939-1943/2363/

steflaurent974

These are tremendous : this is a very Stovall link.

I love those pictures, there is something really true in it, a story behind each shot : a talentuous guy could write a Dylan album just by watching these and dream.

Can someone tell me how to achieve such color richness in these slides, with a PhaseOne P25+ ? Really I doubt it's possible...

Believe me, I'v just load a 6X7 film back with Velvia 50 to shoot with the ALPA and 47mm .

thanks for this link.