The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 7D vs. Barbie Video Girl camcorder. Really.

D&A

LOL..The real question is, would you (OK, us guys) want to be seen with our hand around Barbie while shooting video or a big black blob? One is definitely sexier (not saying which one though :) ) Maybe they're onto something! The other question is can a Ken Camcorder be far behind (for the gals??).

You know all those stealthy street images we love to capture or those in Subways? If it wouldn't look so obvious seeing a grown man carrying a Barbie (with no young child by their side)...they might be onto something. I mean who on the street would give us second look? Don't you just love it :) Thanks for posting!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Imagine bringing that home from the store and what your wife might be thinking about you. LOL

I can see a white padded truck coming around the corner for sure.

Guy Mancuso

And NO Barbie video allowed on the forum. I need to draw a line in the sand somewhere. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Terry

That is pretty funny. Kudos to the video creator as it was also really nicely done with a good sense of humor. I especially like Barbie's hand in each video clip.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
You were considering video at the next workshop, well this is your chance :ROTFL:
-bob

LJL

Think of it this way....if you did not get picked up as a "whacko" or get nabbed on some sort of "perv patrol", you could let your younger daughters (grand-daughters?) become your non-paid assistant cameraperson or something ;-)

Terry said it....nicely done video with a great sense of humor.

LJ

Guy Mancuso

Okay each workshop attendee gets a Barbie Video cam.

Might have just ran off all attendees coming. Just think 10 people with Barbies shooting video in Yosemite. For sure they would throw our butts out of the park or worse get arrested for fondling Barbie dolls.

D&A

It's a good thing they put the buttons for operating the video controls on Barbies back. Can you imagine if they were located below her bosom. The big problem I see is this scenario---> imagine you come in from the cold and are waiting for the next subway train in the warm station and the camera lens (who's location is shown in the viemo link) is fogged. The solution is to bring up the lens towards their mouth (as they would any lens) in order to use their breath to fog the lens and wipe it with a lens cloth? Can you imagine the stares and looks from passersby in doing this....not to mentioned the local Police Officers that will eventually swoop down! LOL! Yes, the video was well done and truly cute!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

P.S. ... Another Thought...are we going to see a whole slew of these Barbie Camcorders in the "FS" forum when new models are announced? :)

Last edited:

Terry

P.S. ... Another Thought...are we going to see a whole slew of these Barbie Camcorders in the "FS" forum when new models are announced? :)
Nahhh, just send her in for some plastic surgery and she will look young again. :p

Lisa

Darned funny! Thanks for the link...

(I love the "hot shoes" comparison too...)

Lisa

D&A

LOL! Well Terry, I may upgrade camera equipment at a drop of a pin...but when it comes to fine looking woman like Barbie..they're a keeper...just the way they are! :) ...although her having video is a bonus for us guys!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Don Libby

Too funny! The lens right smack in the middle of her chest. You need to spread her legs to get to the power source. And her power buttons are on her back. Do ya think they might have come up with slightly better locations? Or am I just a dirty old man ...:p