The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Open letter to all members

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Morning All and Welcome to GetDpi workshop forums,

Jack and i just wanted to send a quick note of thanks for joining our site and we are sorry that we have not gotten a chance to meet and greet everyone on a individual level. We have been busy the last few days with our new folks registering to our site. So we did want to acknowledge some of the new folks from the Large format , Medium Format and of course the Small Sensor Camera groups, plus everyone else that has joined us in the last three weeks. We are a new site and we will continue to grow and hopefully be one of the best sites to visit everyday or more. I feel like I have a bed here sometimes and that is really what this site is about also . Jack and I are here almost all the time to be a part of the forum and discussions. We hope that as we continue to grow as we add good people to this site to learn and share. The number count means nothing to us but the quality of people doe's.

With that i would like everyone to know our mission statement this is what the forum is and what Jack and I will live by as owners. We will also moderate the site within this mission statement and if the guidelines are broke than we will take action. This site will NOT be like any other we will always strive to be the best there is.

"A place to exchange ideas, techniques, experiences AND images,
where the discussions are fun, respectful and geared toward the goal of
helping each other improve all aspects of our photography."

One other order of business is the Guy and Jack workshops. This is what we do is workshops and that is the main reason for this site is it is the home of the workshops and it's information. As most of you know we have one coming in February of 2008 here is the link to that announcement http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21. As of today December 8th we have 6 spaces available. We would like to fill these spaces and i will tell you something in all honesty even though I am co -owner and one of the instructors. I never seen the amount of learning going on in any other workshop. I can't tell you how much i learned myself. These workshops are packed full of photoshop techniques and raw processing that you will be amazed at all the info. Not to mention your instructors out shooting with you showing you how to expose and using composition techniques to further your photography, this is a complete hands on workshop and again nothing like it anywhere. So please take a look at this and see if you can make it. I promise you this you will not walk away feeling you wasted your money. That we promise you. Guy and Jack

Now get in there and have some fun. Thanks for your time.

PeterA

Guy - I look forward to joining you guys on a workshop. I think it is a great idea something I look forward to planning and participating in.
Pete

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Guy/Jack,

Just want to thank you guys for both the Forums as well as the first workshop. I had a wonderful time, learned an incredible amount, and I'm really bummed that the timing just won't work out for this second workshop. I am hopeful for the one after that.

Thanks for everything! :thumbs:

-Chris