The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The hardest 50 dollars I've earned in a long time..

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
The day started with Bridge dying in C3. I to the site to shoot early as the population of the town doubles that day. I then discovered I had left my sunscreen and camelback at the house and by now parking is filling back to about a mile from where I had parked. No, going home. Shot people get names and kids ages (no body at the paper told me Dr Pepper had a VIP id with my name and the paper on it.)

I can't find the lady reporter, my working with. But an email has said she wanted to focus the story on Miss Pretty Peggy Pepper and cutting the cake. So I follow her and find out where where the cake cutting is going to be.

It's now noon, temperature 100 and you can get all the free Dr Pepper but water is a dollar a bottle. I'm the color of a well boiled lobster.

Well the cake is cut, more pictures are shot and I leave at 2pm. I show jpegs and so could cull with bridge out. Paper wanted shots by 4. I got them six shots by 4:45 with AP style headers.

The weekend editor must have liked them all six were sent to the photo editor.

The report not a day under 80 wanted to know if I could write and I confessed to having the illness. She going to suggest they have me do bot written and photo work out here. She's just getting too old for this.

I think I made a couple of dollars under minimum wage. But I want to do again and have the tools in working order.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I can see where this can get in the blood.

I would love to do it some more as I sit here covered in aloe and still swilling gratorade.

Next time I'll get some Leica shots in but the Canon 24-70 on the 5D was the work horse.