The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

show phtographs at the time interval they were taken?

faneuil

The setup:

I am taking pictures during an audio interview.
I like to sync the audio with the photos when I review them.
Off course the photo are time/date stamped.
Are there any programs that will slide show the photographs at the real time intervals they were taken?

IE, I would sync with audio at the beginning of the slide show and then I could replay the interview and hear what the sitter was saying at the moment I photographed.

cool. but I don't know what slide show program can do that.

thanks!

Eric

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm not sure there's an automatic function to synch sound and images in iMovie (wouldn't you need some sort of time code generator for the stills?), but you could probably do it manually. Lay down the sound track and then insert the appropriate images to coincide with timing.

faneuil

thanks -- but I was looking for something automated.
I plan to shoot 50+ photos and then edit while listening to the audio. When I make my final selections, I'd like captions in show to summarize what sitter was saying at that time.

eric

faneuil

would be easy to advance images as I hear the motor drive or flash 'pop' -- but thought it would an interesting way to present images if it could be automated.

faneuil

:)
Yes but with a user modifiable framerate.
Or what I like to call pictures.

Funny, because there was a cam-corder in the 90's that had a mode that would record audio and stills which would be updated only as you hit a specific button. I've never seen this feature since.