The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street Celebrations & Demonstrations

A

asabet

Great idea for a thread, and wonderful photos Helen, Tim, Ed, Hanks, and Mike!

This fellow was sort of a one man celebration and demonstration :). OM 24/2 on an E-410:

helenhill

Amin
I Love him....so true Demonstration & Celebration in one go
He reminds me of someone I see from time to time on the highway going out to LI. Unfortuntely I'm never camera ready
Same age group as your man and always draped with American Flags
be it all over his body: on his clothes ,sunglasses, hat, waving them
and always with a Happy go Lucky Smile

Can't wait to get Old......:ROTFL::ROTFL:
best-H

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Middle America- small town Fireman's Parade.
It was held at noon and the bright sun taxed the D3 and me.:ROTFL:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
There was some event at Columbus Circle in NY and the NYPD were making cotton candy. Gotta love it and it looks like they were enjoying their assignment.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
a demonstration in a small town somewhere at the French Riviera

D50 • 18-70 DX

helenhill

Bondo
What was the Demonstration about ?
Lovely shot...the demonstartors seemed to be in 'Good Spirits'

CMB
Now what would Bloomberg think of Police Time & Cotton Candy....:ROTFL:
actually though I do LIKE Mike

Best- H

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
You are right, Helen, it was the most relaxed and cosy demonstration I ever saw.
Not sure what it was all about. My french isn't that good.
Looked like a demand for Sunshine - and a White Christmas ... NOW ! :)

fotografz

A few New Year's shots from a couple of years ago in LA ... Epson RD-1 ... the "messy" photo is what's left after all those firecrackers are set off :)

Last edited:

bensonga

Here's a photo I took in March of 2005 during the start of the Alaska Iditarod Sled Dog race in downtown Anchorage. These kids had found the perfect vantage point (about 10 feet above the ground on top of a large trailer). They must have been there for awhile, because a few of them seemed a little bored.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Last edited:

bensonga

Gary
Lovely & Crisp....Which lens & Camera
Taken with my first DSLR.....a Canon D60 and one of my favorite Canon lenses...the 85 f1.8. I often think the D60 was one of my favorite cameras. Gave it to my niece when she expressed an interest in moving beyond a digital P&S, but I don't think she's gotten much use out of it yet.

Here are two from Today @ Union Square / Canon 35 1.8 on RD1
Terrific! I wish we had more demonstrations and street events here in Anchorage to see and photograph.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska