The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street Celebrations & Demonstrations

ecliffordsmith

Hi Helen,

I have been on holidays so missed some of this stuff. your Little Italy shot really caught a moment. I remember being bored out of my mind at many events as a youngster. everything seemed to go on forver.

Hi Gero,

A very nice series. I like the shooting perspective. What lens are you using for most of these shots please?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The Boss and the bodyguards.
I have no idea who they were, they just suddenly stepped out of a couple of limos in a crowd somewhere in Egypt - and I found myself a PJ ... :D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
This seems to be the womens street ...

Nikon D50 • 18-70mm DX • actually it's good enough .-)

helenhill

hey Bondo
The Boss & the Bodyguards & The Womens Street.....
Cool Catch of the Gender Perspective in the Middle East

Thanx Ed for your keen eye in recognizing that BORED little Man at the feast
Cheers! H

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Helen
I was of course in disguise
even looked pretty good if you ask me :p

Btw, I fully agree with Ed, me too I remember being bored out of my mind at many events even as a grown up ... :rolleyes:

Geronimo, what system did you use for the nice Latin Parade, all files are stripped of exif informations ?

gero

Ed & Bondo, I took only the small voigtlandert 35-2 color-skopar to NY with the M8 and had a grate time and was impressed with the lens. The other thing that this images have are that I took the "boost" to the left in Aperture. I don't know too much about processing but this just makes the images in general more "natural". I also didn't used an ir filter and some of the colors have this tones. I have to thank Reidsreviews for the tip in the lens.

helenhill

Gero, thats my all time FAV of yours

Where did you shoot this?.....I now in Mexico it is quite Festive the Celebration of the Dead
Wonderful /Thanx for posting
Cheers ! H

gero

Helen, it is where I live: Merida, Yucatan. I find that the best subjects to document are the ones that you have closer and easier.