The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mothers Day Cooking

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay guys it's our day to cook. I know some of you took the easy route and made a phone call to your favorite restaurant. BORING. LOL

So for the real men here what are you going to cook.

I'm thinking Filet wrapped in bacon on the grill and King crab on the side with maybe asparagus and home made caesar salad. My problem is I have a wife that can bury me in the kitchen so I need to get my game up. :D

And you can't serve :SPAM:

Simon M.

My mum gets a nice 3 course meal prepared by my brothers and I. It will take a while as most things are picked up from local farms on Saturday (exclusions this year are: flour for pasta dough, romano cheese, fleur-de-sel, truffle oil, and the chocolate in the tarts) and then hand prepared on Sunday afternoon. But she loves the attention - that's what matters! This years menu will be:

Starter: mixed garden green salad; cold press virgin canola oil dressing with shaved romano cheese

Main: butternut squash ravioli; dressed with fleur-de-sel and truffle oil

Desert: Chocolate raspberry salted tarts

Drink: for the starter and main we will be drinking Riesling (Cave springs reserve 2007 I think). We will be having tawny port with desert (10 or 20 year depending on budget).

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Okay guys it's our day to cook. I know some of you took the easy route and made a phone call to your favorite restaurant. BORING. LOL

Nothing like setting the bar high....

Since my mom lives 1500 miles away and my daughter is at home...my wife get all the attention. I have made reservations for Chinese dinner for Sunday...do not want to direct my daughter's day with mom.

However, after reading your post I will attempt to grill tomorrow...

Chips and salsa appetizer, Grilled Scallop - thyme butter red chili and parmesan over arugula salad, Bison tenderloin...Bobby Flay rub, grilled on the primo medium well, Steamed asparagus, Rustique bread, and Tequila Lime Grapefruit sorbet for desert. Cameron Hughes Chardonney, Hughes Wellman Cabernet with dinner.

Aberlour 16 year old Single Malt after dinner with Sees dark chocolates ....maybe time for a Wallender video.

In other words kiss g'day as I will start at 1000 and finish by 2300. But what fun.....

Bob

B

Billy_Walker

I'm thinking Filet wrapped in bacon on the grill and King crab on the side with maybe asparagus and home made caesar salad. My problem is I have a wife that can bury me in the kitchen so I need to get my game up. :D

And you can't serve :SPAM:
I'm thinking "Baby, what restaurant would you like to go to...?"

jsf

Chicken breast baked with cherries and a bit of Madeira, vegetables will be whatever is at the farmers market in the AM.
Plus I am taking her to the Oliver Gagliani opening at Gallery 1855 in the afternoon.
I figure that will be dessert, she leans more to chocolate, go figure. Joe

docmoore

Chicken breast baked with cherries and a bit of Madeira, vegetables will be whatever is at the farmers market in the AM.
Plus I am taking her to the Oliver Gagliani opening at Gallery 1855 in the afternoon.
I figure that will be dessert, she leans more to chocolate, go figure. Joe
Oliver's use of light is outstanding...sounds like a wonderful day.

Bob

docmoore

Nothing like setting the bar high....
t I will attempt to grill tomorrow...

Bison tenderloin...Bobby Flay rub, grilled on the primo medium well, Steamed asparagus, Rustique bread, and Tequila Lime Grapefruit sorbet for desert. Cameron Hughes Chardonney, Hughes Wellman Cabernet with dinner.
Dropped the Bison...decided on Bison Burgers on Monday. Instead I grilled Halibut steaks.

Of course...my ice cream maker was dead so I had to run around looking for a replacement....so now Tequila Lime Grapefruit Sorbet over blackberries and cream.

With the Halibut I opted for a Chandon Bland de Noirs...maybe an Oban rather than the Aberlour. Remains to be seen!

Not a pic taken on my last weekend free this month....oh the sacrifices we make ....:ROTFL:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mum's day.....

Bob

emr

Real man or not, I'm 100% MY missus enjoys the visit to the favorite restaurant more than my cooking, both the food and the atmosphere.