The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Traveling time

Godfrey

So...

Picking up the story in the middle, a few days ago at dinner with my Moto friends, my friend Louise mentioned that the Red Cross might need her back east. Her partner had already been flown back for the tornado relief effort and she was managing the pets and the Bus.

Louise and Sean live in a Neoplan bus configured as a permanent domicile. It's 48,000 lbs of machinery and living space. If Louise was going east, the Bus (aka: a traveling Land Mass) would need to go east too. Operating the Bus is something of a team effort ... I thought it might be a touch risky for her to head on out all by herself. *

Being between contracts at the moment, what the heck? I've never managed a cross country land mass movement before but heck, we can figure it out. I arranged affairs, packed my gear, and on Thursday we headed out from Santa Clara. *

So from there, second night out boondocking in Seligman, AZ off I-40, onwards we go ...

Subject: Ready for the third day on the road!

Good nights sleep. Cool, fresh, 5000' elevation air. :)
We're just about ready to head out on the third days leg.

Louise is blogging the trip ... Photos and story find here:

http://ourodyssey.blogspot.com/

Onwards!

Godfrey

Diane B

Interesting Godfrey. I read a bit of the blog so understand the whys of moving east. Good luck with the trip.

Godfrey

Louise posted some more to the travel blog at

http://ourodyssey.blogspot.com

We're now at her destination. My role as Cabin Boy is over tomorrow as I head up to Chi Town by rail, then onwards to NY. Not much to do out here in the boonies but I'll make a few pictures.