The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

slow day here...

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
. . . and here, too windy to go out riding, and there seems to be a chicken in the kitchen:

M9, 50 'lux
Actually had a chicken in the kitchen tonight....oven roasted. I noticed what appeared to be grain on the floor in another picture. Do you encourage the fowl to visit? :ROTFL:

Actually had an aunt who's passion was art related to chicken and roosters. I remember growing up with an unbelievable number of paintings and pottery in her kitchen...not a lot of live birds however.

Gorgeous light and wonderful picture as always.

Cheers,

Bob

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Very Sunday here. Study in yellow.

click for larger size (4.7 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/250 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/125 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/250 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX

jonoslack

Very Nice Steen
Slow days are sometimes good days to do something you wouldn't otherwise consider . . . . like piling up the children:

n.b. we had to borrow some other people's children as well.

Or if that's too energetic for you, you could try painting the sheep:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
:D ... Jono, it looks like you also paint children :eek: ... well, probably just one of the borrowed ones :cool:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

If everything else fails on a slow day there is always the clothes-peg theme ...

click for larger sizes

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF • 1/125 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

... or a Still Life

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/85mm G • 1.6 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Steen, those are great shots, the cats and the others.

Jono, suddenly I feel an urge to go to England. So many friendly people there :)

T

tokengirl

The suddenly cooler weather made for a slower pace at the beach this weekend - sleeping in the sun became a realistic option:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Steen, those are great shots, the cats and the others.

Jono, suddenly I feel an urge to go to England. So many friendly people there
Thanks a lot, Jorgen !

click for larger ;)

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Leigh

Re: Cool ultrawide

Slow day here. At least I've just bought myself a used Sigma 10-20mmD f/4-5.6. It's cool
Wow...
hiding in the back of a refrigerator...
waiting for someone to open the door...

That defines boring :salute:

- Leigh

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

:D love that sphinx wannabe pitbull, Klaus :thumbup:

and, Bob, thank you for your convincing slow holiday postcard

my wife and I have been on slow day here vacation too, with pool fun and everything ... :lecture:

click for larger - in some browsers F11 deactivates and again activates <-> menu lines

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/60 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm • 1/5 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm • 1/50 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX