The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

slow day here...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

:eek: oops, please forgive me, Bart, for mixing up your name with the K name of another member :banghead: :loco:

still love that sphinx wannabe pitbull of yours !

Very slow day here too, but they say it's not typical ... :ROTFL:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

Wow...
hiding in the back of a refrigerator...
waiting for someone to open the door...

That defines boring :salute:

- Leigh

Nah, that's not being bored ...

:lecture: This is being bored: you put all your empty beer and soft drink cans on the street, run your car over them, and photograph them ...

click for larger (3.9 Mb) - in some browsers F11 deactivates and again activates <-> menu lines

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/3200 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

jonoslack

Re: slow day here ...

Nah, that's not being bored ...

:lecture: This is being bored: you put all your empty beer and soft drink cans on the street, run your car over them, and photograph them ... :D
Hmmm - nice shot, everything we drink seems to be out of bottles, and I can detect objections from the neighbours.

Having a leasurely sauna with a glass of wine and some pellegrino seems to hit the lazyness ticket

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you for your kind words, Ben and Steen :)

Steen, your can shot is very cool. Would be interesting to see it printed.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

Go ahead, Jorgen, and let us know what the print looks like (I have sent you the RAW file).

I actually may have it printed big myself, though I'm not quite sure I'll be allowed to hang it on any of the walls here ... :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Re: slow day here ...

Go ahead, Jorgen, and let us know what the print looks like (I have sent you the RAW file).

I actually may have it printed big myself, though I'm not quite sure I'll be allowed to hang it on any of the walls here ... :)
Thanks, Steen. I'm buying a new printer next week, and will check it out on that one.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here architecture

click for larger - in some browsers the F11 key maximizes and again minimizes <-> the web browser window

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM at 10mm • 1/250 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Lightroom 3

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/800 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/85mm ZF • 1/800 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

a pin on a pin

click for larger

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF • 1/125 sec at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lovely Mediterranean slowness, Steen. The pin thing is more... sharp :)

The flat beer and soda cans... I bought a decent printer a few months ago, but haven't been using it properly until now. I will print that photo large within a week or two. Just need to buy some larger format paper.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
"Something kind of existential about it"

Thanks a lot, Bob :thumbup:

I think that's what slow days are about :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Mediterranean Meditation

Lovely Mediterranean slowness, Steen
Thanks, Jorgen, here's some more Mediterranean Meditation this time on the darkness in the deep shadows

©

click for natural sizes

in some browsers the F11 key maximizes and again minimizes <-> the web browser window

© • all with Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow mediterranean day ...

Yes, it is a single exposure, though I actually did three or four slightly different EVs and just picked the best one that kept the darkness of the shadows while still showing at least some details and textures.

Then I added a bit of brightness to the very darkest areas on the tree trunk by using the so-called Color Control Points in Capture NX.

I like trying to capture the darkness e.g. in deep shadows or the dull light at dusk (on a slow day) or the darkness at night etc.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

© • click for native sizes

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/125 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX2