Site Sponsors
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: slow day here...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: slow day here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    ...Fortunately, the storm was a category 2 when it reached us. Our little tree is still standing, but notice how much of the foliage has been stripped from the canopy.
    Thanks for sharing the before-and-after, very glad to see that you and your neighborhood have come through OK.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Will, does every house in the neighborhood come with its own porta-poty? If so, I'm impressed! . Ok, ok, couldn't resistant but glad though to hear you and family are alright although for many unfortunately in Irma's path, it will be a slow road to personal recovery. I have family in Florida who had to deal with the hurricane too (on the eastern side of the state.)

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 1 Week Ago at 20:02.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Will, does every house in the neighborhood come with its own porta-poty? If so, I'm impressed! . Ok, ok, couldn't resistant but glad though to hear you and family are alright although for many unfortunately in Irma's path, it will be a slow road to personal recovery. I have family on Florida who had to deal with the hurricane too (on the eastern side of the state.)

Dave (D&A)
    Dave, that is the only porta pity in the neighborhood. Really had to get to in the storm, but surprisingly short lines.

I wish your family a speedy recovery. Like I said, I was lucky, many were not. Those on the coast, even on the east coast, had to deal with storm surge, which is far more damaging than the winds. The Jackson area has also hit with flooding form the rivers. All and all, a really bad storm--the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic. And we have a governor that denies climate change.
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    And we have a governor that denies climate change.
    Generally speaking most seem to concede that there is climate change. They just don't want to attribute it to being influenced or caused by human activity. The parallel of the apocraphal legend of King Cnute and the waves comes to mind ...

Glad to see that you came through ok. I have friends in Tampa and Daytona Beach who fared less well, in the case of Daytona Beach it's twice in two years.
    Last edited by GrahamWelland; 1 Week Ago at 20:57.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    I have friends in Tampa and Daytona Beach who fared less well, in the case of Daytona Beach it's twice in two years.
    And those towns are on opposite sides of the Florida peninsular! That is how big this thing was.

I hope your friends recover soon. I was just grateful Irma lost a lot of its power going up the west coast--the Gulf has a lot of warm water to fuel these storms.

PS: Don't get me started on who the administration is going to nominate as the head of NASA...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

feeling macabre ...

Bart ...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post