The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

slow day here...

Oren Grad

...Fortunately, the storm was a category 2 when it reached us. Our little tree is still standing, but notice how much of the foliage has been stripped from the canopy.
Thanks for sharing the before-and-after, very glad to see that you and your neighborhood have come through OK.

D&A

Will, does every house in the neighborhood come with its own porta-poty? If so, I'm impressed! :). Ok, ok, couldn't resistant but glad though to hear you and family are alright although for many unfortunately in Irma's path, it will be a slow road to personal recovery. I have family in Florida who had to deal with the hurricane too (on the eastern side of the state.)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Shashin

Will, does every house in the neighborhood come with its own porta-poty? If so, I'm impressed! :). Ok, ok, couldn't resistant but glad though to hear you and family are alright although for many unfortunately in Irma's path, it will be a slow road to personal recovery. I have family on Florida who had to deal with the hurricane too (on the eastern side of the state.)

Dave (D&A)
Dave, that is the only porta pity in the neighborhood. Really had to get to in the storm, but surprisingly short lines. ;)

I wish your family a speedy recovery. Like I said, I was lucky, many were not. Those on the coast, even on the east coast, had to deal with storm surge, which is far more damaging than the winds. The Jackson area has also hit with flooding form the rivers. All and all, a really bad storm--the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic. And we have a governor that denies climate change. :banghead:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
And we have a governor that denies climate change. :banghead:
Generally speaking most seem to concede that there is climate change. They just don't want to attribute it to being influenced or caused by human activity. The parallel of the apocraphal legend of King Cnute and the waves comes to mind ...:facesmack::thumbdown:

Glad to see that you came through ok. I have friends in Tampa and Daytona Beach who fared less well, in the case of Daytona Beach it's twice in two years.

Last edited:

Shashin

I have friends in Tampa and Daytona Beach who fared less well, in the case of Daytona Beach it's twice in two years.
And those towns are on opposite sides of the Florida peninsular! That is how big this thing was.

I hope your friends recover soon. I was just grateful Irma lost a lot of its power going up the west coast--the Gulf has a lot of warm water to fuel these storms.

PS: Don't get me started on who the administration is going to nominate as the head of NASA...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/13 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

Last edited:

pegelli

A slow day at an Antwerp rail/road container terminal (today :scry:)

Even with a "stranded" vessel