The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ICP Museum NYC

helenhill

went to an exhibit today
Teeny Tiny exhibit of Lisette Model, Arbus & Avedon Portraits...Tres coool
and there was a few shots by Warhol of my friend & art dealer Holly Solomon

Another exhibit of Phootographers from Japan
Beautiful B&W series of people on the Street
Another series of Girls dressing in the Streets of Japan as Dolls- Goth combinations .....quite Wild & Fun
and another series on Yakuza & their bikes

Bill Woods a commercial photography printing company & photographer whose work is featured from 1937 through post WWII /of life in Fort Worth Texas

So if you are Out & About
corner of 43rd & Sixth Avenue
very small Museum
you can do it in twenty minutes if your pressed
Cheers ! Helen

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Helen That museum is one of the best and not to missed on a trip to the Big Apple ..right off Times Square. I usually visit there and the Leica Gallery. Roger

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Thanks Helen for posting this, otherwise I would not have know about the showing of Bill Wood's work. Maybe the Amon Carter will bring this to Ft. Worth.

I'm going to be there next week for their Marsden Hardy show and will suggest it.

helenhill

Roger:
ICP museum my new Addiction

John:
Bill's Work was Fantastic / looking at life through the various decades
and a few eerie shots of people in their caskets:eek:

Cheers ! helen :D