The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One more new member

F

Flavio

this one just to say hello everybody from a new italian member.
i use leica system since 1993 when i bought a pre used sl2.
now i use a (great) mini, one r4s and a lovely m4.

sometime i think to buy a dlux3 though the lack of a viewfinder is a problem for me and decide to wait some more time. unfortunately i cannot afford a brand new m8 :-(

thanks anyway to set up this forum, i have read many names that already know and appreciate from others forum and web pages. i think all of you are here to talk about photography and i'm sure i'll enjoy my stay here and will improve my photo skill.

thanks again, waiting for an italian workshop in the near future.

flavio

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Buongiorno e benvenuto Flavio,

Ahhh Firenze, home of FIAT. I was there in April/May of this year. And another vote for a workshop there. It's beautiful.

Maybe a little excursion to Fiesole for lunch. :)

F

Flavio

Hi Friends,
and thanks for your messages.

Chris while I agree to go to Fiesole for a fine lunch (but please take care of this name, if you like our bistecca-steak: vinaino, in San Frediano-Firenze south west side), I have to say that Fiat is based in Turin, north west Italy.
Some months ago, with my daughter Marina (12 years old) we did tralvel around Tuscany, our region, just to show to MArina how fine (excuse me) our area may be. Siena, San Gimignano, Greve, Montefioralle and Monteriggioni, were our places to shot picture. Marina using her little digital Fuji, while I was involved with my M4 and 50 Summicron with Velvia. What a day!
Few months ago I did add a 21 Super Angulon f 3.4. And since then S. A. became my standard lens. The Leitz viewfinder is great indeed!

Sunnyvale? We were there in 1983 and 1993, driving from San Francisco to L. A. along the ocean road. Very nice area. In 1983 I drove my BMW R 100 T motorcycle. She is still with me :))

Ciao!

fg

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Ahh your right! My mistake. I simply remembered that one of the letters was the city name, and mistakenly thought it was the 1st (F - For Firenze) and not the last (T for Turin).

I was in Turin in 2005, and I knew it was from one of the cities I had visited.
Il mio errore!
Ciao!
-C

F

Flavio

Chris,
you are right, it is the last one:
Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino is the correct meaning for FIAT.
something like Italian CarMaker Turin
:)

I'm thinking how to spend the next Christmas holyday season, a couple of weeks. Just got 10 64 asa Kodachrome rolls. Any idea? :))

Buon Natale!

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
New Zealand! :) But I just came back from there, so I'm sure I'm biased! Besides, at Christmas time, it's the beginning of their summer.

as for 10 rolls... Are Christmas lights & decorations very popular over there?
Do you get any people doing things like this?

SFW: Christmas Lights Gone Wild
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks

F

Flavio

Hi Chris,
thanks for your suggestions.
I am one of those wild guys who usually spend their time free from works walking around the country, on our hills just over Firenze, that I understand you know very well. My favourite mount is Monte Morello, North west from Firenze downtown, 934 meters high. Weather report for the next weekend is giving snow (a not so usual condition here) and I'm preparing myself and my 60 Macro Elmarit.

I think to spend upthere most of my time during Saturday and Sunday, if my family will agree...