The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cool alternative to flickr

P

ProPhtogrphr

Flickr is popular because its get the support of Yahoo and I must say that Yahoo is not taking it seriously.

Sagar website which you provided is great and also have many options which can be quite useful.

Pelao

Flickr is popular because its get the support of Yahoo and I must say that Yahoo is not taking it seriously.

Sagar website which you provided is great and also have many options which can be quite useful.

I agree - I feel yahoo has neglected, perhaps even ruined Flickr.

I am playing with this new one. Good so far: the pro version (US$50 per year) allows unlimited uploads and connection via your own domain.

Godfrey

500px.com seems a good site but I'm a little suspicious of all the sudden media attention its garnered in the past three weeks. Mentions in the tech news, an interview with the founder on one of the popular weekly podcasts, mentions on three or four other influential social media venues, mentions here and in the DPR forums. All of a sudden as if out of nowhere a few of the celebrity photographers in social media all switching in there out of flickr.

What's driving it?

They just started seeking investor money, and nabbed their first fish with a sizable sum. If they or the investor are driving bux into marketing the site to build it into a bigger business, they're doing a good job.

I don't see anything wrong with flickr for what I use it for, but that's not marketing my photography. 500px.com looks like it might become a good place to start marketing your photography, if that's what you want to do.

mathomas

Looks OK. Certainly flashier than flickr, but not enough for me to move. I've been on flickr a long time. I already have a zenfolio site, too. 500px seems to be somewhere in between.

But thanks for the heads-up!